Sign in to follow this  

Price to expect

How much should I expect to pay for a 2002-2003 CRF450R? I'm selling my CR125 as I am too heavy for it now. I weigh 175lbs. I want to find a good 450 for cheap as I will probably only be able to get 1600 out of my bike. No I know I'm not going to find one for that price but not thousands of dollars more. Any of you guys get a fantastic deal on your bikes?

i would not sell mine for sheet----because i have proll 20,000 into her----but i would say between 2500 and 3----for a good low hour machine----i saw an 03 that had nothing on it for hours on ebay go for 4000----i would give 6100 for a brand new 03 if i were to find one----but if there is a brand new 03 out there it is prolly in honda museum or something----it all depends on the condition and how much a guy is tyring to rip you off-----oh and if you do find a nice looking one, check the valves if he or she will let you---goood luck

My buddy just bought an 03 in Vegas for $2500. He put a new weisco piston kit, timing chain, tensioner in it and the thing runs like a raped ape. Awesome bike.

The secret is to have the cash on hand and ready to use. So get the CR125 sold. That way when you come across a deal, you can jump at it.

The rest (finding the bike) is luck and time spent searching. Try craigslist, newspaper, eBay and the cycle version of autotrader.com

The rest (finding the bike) is luck and time spent searching. Try craigslist, newspaper, eBay and the cycle version of autotrader.com

Man is that the truth. Good point.