Sign in to follow this  

Is this a good routine?

3-4 days a week I am in the gym for 2 hours a session. Circuit train with weights; 3-4 sets 15-20 reps; work all groups. Then run for 2 miles as hard as I can ( about 16 minutes) fast walk another 15 min; then elliptical machine for 30 min at cardio pace. Due to work schedule I cannot spread it out more over the week so I try to maximize. Also my theory is such a strenuous workout increases stamina. I will add that in a 2 hr. harescramble endurance is no longer an issue.:applause: I welcome opinions if you think this is a good routine or is there anything wrong here?

ya 1 problem....

where is the part where you grab a beer and sit your @ss on the couch.

ya 1 problem....

where is the part where you grab a beer and sit your @ss on the couch.

After dinner while wife watches American Idol.. ughh

During the season I'd say 2 sets of 15-20 is fine. Coming into the season 3-4 is good as you are doing, but in the winter you should be doing more of a strength routine in the area of 10reps. Futhermore, I hope you are doing grip exercises as in pull-ups and dead-lifts.

Your running is good, but for even better cardio you need to run longer than 20 minutes. When you start to go more than 20 minutes your develop more mitochondria which then makes you more efficient.

You should also be doing intervals so that when your heart rate really gets up there you know what it feels like and can then recover while still doing cardio.