Sign in to follow this  

Is TrailTech Still In Business

In January I e-mailed trail tech about a vapour speedo temperature sensor for a DRZ. I had an emmediate response from someone named Jeff, advising that a solution would be sent to me and to provide my shipping address and PH#.:lol: I replied emmediately with my contact info and didn't receive a reply, but had a positive feeling that this quick response was indicative of a company that was there to support their customers and would follow through.

-3 weeks later (Early Feb) and no solution arrives, but the web site is still up. I e-mail trailtech support again and receive no reply.:applause:

-Early March arrives and I again e-mail Trailtech support asking if they are still in business (I confirmed the support e-mail address I was relying too) and again did not receive any kind of a response.:eek:

-I have just tried again and have questions as to whether or not trailtech supports Canadian customers:excuseme: (correspondence stopped once my Canadian address was sent), and if anyone know if Trailtech is out of business or not.

Thanks

Dirtydad

They are still in business. Have you tried calling them? Maybe they are having an e-mail issue.

Trail tech is obsolete with the new GPS models available that have more features and are competitively priced. I much prefer my garmin to the trail techs

Trail Tech is still here. We hope to not go obsolete! email me direct if your not getting a reply - geoff@trailtech.net

Just034, last time I check (this weekend), GPS still did not work so well in the trees. Also, I have not yet found one to give me my engine temperature, RPM, odometer, total hours on motor, adjustable distance......

Just034, last time I check (this weekend), GPS still did not work so well in the trees. Also, I have not yet found one to give me my engine temperature, RPM, odometer, total hours on motor, adjustable distance......

Two different tools for two different uses. Sure, I can use a screwdriver to chisel away at something, but it doesn't work as good as a chisel :applause:

Trail Tech is still here. We hope to not go obsolete! email me direct if your not getting a reply - geoff@trailtech.net

Trees? I live and ride in the desert southwest, no worry there. RPM,I guess I know when to shift without looking down to see my RPM. My gps tells me how many miles I have gone, changes in elevation and will even let me race against a ghost of a previously run course. I Keep a log of my hours. Engine temp strips for 15. I can mark waypoints and routes. Have a read on my avg speed, top speed, the list goes on and on, all without wires.

I am not down on trailtech. They are a quality built product. Many of my friends have them. I was tempted to buy one before looking at what a GPS had to offer. You may make the finest buggy whips around but times are changing and a trailtech that incorprates the features of a GPS is the future or they will be obsolete.

This is a stupid argument - I like my GPS and all, but GPS and enduro computers are two completely different tools with different intended uses. The chisel and screwdriver analogy above is perfect.

Furthermore, GPS units DO NOT work well in canyons or trees, even the little ditches & scrub brush we have around here.

Turns out there were possible problems with the incoming mail to trailtech when I was corresponding. Yes, I probably should have picked up the phone and just called them. They are of course alive and well, and willing to help.

I received a quick response from Trailtech today, and have a resolution.:eek:

Great service from Jeff and Chris, and I think the options on this model make it a great choice.:applause:

See you on the trails,

The Dirtydad