Sign in to follow this  

Motocross track ideas needed!!!

I am re-doing my track and need some fresh ideas. What are some of your favorite jumps from your local tracks?

If you have enough dirt step ups are awsome, ive always wanted to build the woop section that travis Pastrana went through on steel Roots 3 Its a long set of woops then just in the middle a small table top that you can hop on to or jump then anoter set of woops

at my local track there is a big hill with 3 step ups carved into the side followed by 2 step downs going down the other side of the hill, then a huge berm leading into a whoop section it is very cool, i usually dont have the guts to jump the step ups on my 125 though, you dont get much of a run at it, it is relativly easy on a 250 though.

I'm a fan of jump-on jump-off style jumps myself. :lol:

They had one of those at a AX I raced at one time and it was a hoot.

You came out of a corner (imagine that at an AX) and jump'd a double. You landed on a tabletop with a lip and you used the lip to jump an even wider and "taller" double. It was all timing, you had to gas, jump, land, and instantly PIN the gas and lift the bike to get over the second double. That was FUN! :applause::eek::lol:

I like the gator pit idea, if you are to far north for gators how about a fire pit?

Hire Molly Culver to interview you after every ride.

If you race then try to set up a track that has obstacles that give you problems at the tracks. if you need work on corners, put lot of corners, if you need work on guts, put a triple in or a large table.

a timing section is a must also. step on/step off into a double like the one guy said is awesome also.

Here on our local track we have the obstacle we call the...

"#4 straightaway carabao swerve"

You just haul ass down #4 straightaway and if the water buffalo standing in the middle of the track decides to move, well, you got to swerve like hell.

off cambers if you can do them, i always like em, not sure about you, but i know a few people that have trouble with them, also if you have rolling land, you can use the natural terrain to minimise outside dirt used, so it would be cheaper, and you can do more

Here on our local track we have the obstacle we call the...

"#4 straightaway carabao swerve"

You just haul ass down #4 straightaway and if the water buffalo standing in the middle of the track decides to move, well, you got to swerve like hell.

lol sounds like a great track, i got to go there some time!!

i love the single to table to single jumps(step on step off) or whatever you'd like to call them

its a great feeling jumping, landing and pushing down with all your weight, so when the bike rebounds back your off the lip. great feel of rythm.

Show me some pictures of you track now. Tell me what kind of rider you are. Give me a idea of what your looking for and I will design you a track.

My track is 1.5 miles long, built on land with a bunch of rolling hills. I got bored with the track after 3 years of riding it the same way and now we are going to run it backwards. I have run out of ideas of things to build. I will try to post a pic asap