Sign in to follow this  

18 inch tube??

will a 18 inch tube fit in a 19 in tire...cause i read somwhere that 18 are way less easier to pop. also what size would a yz250f rear tire 19 inch be running? i cant find it any where thanks for any help

I really don't see you being able to stretch an 18" tube around a 19" rim.

I think what you have heard is that an 18" tire is more resistant to pinch flats than a 19", which is true. I don't see any benefit to using an 18" tube in a 19" tire.

I carry a 21" tube for a spare. In a pinch you can use it in the front or back, but I don't think you will benefit from a 18" tube in a 19" tire. The pinch resistance of an 18 comes from the tire, not the tube.

try the bridgestone ultra heavy duty tube, the size will be 110/90x19, i'd be surprised if you pop one of these. but make sure you get the ultra heavy and not the plain heavy duty. the ultra heavy duty will cost you about 19.95$. good luck.

An 18 inch tube will fit around a 19 inch rim but you have to stretch it on. It makes an already tedious job even more dificult. That being said a HD tube whether 18, or 19, will be more resistant to pinch flats.