Sign in to follow this  

Sprockets

When I asked my local Suzuki dealer to order me a big sprocket they said they couldn't get one for the DRZ-SM bigger than a 41 tooth. So I went on the Vortex website and they make a 54 (about what I was looking for) but only for the E model. Now can anyone tell me if the E model sprocket will fit on the SM model? (I didn't think so because the SM uses excel rims) If not could anyone tell me where and how to get a 50-60 tooth rear sprocket?

much obliged

same hub, same sprockets, sm has larger 240mm disc only diff. besides rim

According to Camster, it will fit. I am using a 13 front 48 rear Renthal with the result of most climbing in 3rd gear, dropping to 2nd on occasion. I really never use 1st except to putt around. I was warned not to go to a 12t on the front because the radius was too small and could cause chain problems. Never had issues with this setup. I think the 54t is the largest you can go to but wow, my top speed is about 60-65 mph. Can't imagine the 54 tooth.

If you go to http://www.supersprox.com/usa/catalog.php?sel_drecno=23, you will find they offer up to a 52 tooth. Check out the gearing chart near the bottom of the page at http://www.supersprox.com/usa/static.php?files=maintenance. I notice that my setup of 13-48 give a final ratio of 3.69. What is cool is that you can come up with an alternative sproket setup that will get the ratio you are looking for. For instance, if you are looking for a 14t primary and 54t rear, they give a 3.86 drive ratio. You could achieve the same ratio with a 13t primary and 50t rear (3.85 ratio). Good luck, tom

thanks soo much guys you've been a big help

now that I know it will fit I'll probably just order the vortex 54 tooth

let the stunting begin