Sign in to follow this  

Things to Do and Things Not to DO!

i ride an 05 450 and i just wanted to throw a few things out there that i have had good luck with and bad luck.

One, barrnett clutch basket!!!! good amount of cash flow but the thing is freakin amazing! my oil comes out same exact color after riding 5-10 hours of track and trails as when i put the oil in! it just keeps the clutch so cool!HUGE difference from stock.

Two, ironman sprockets! if you buy anything else you are just nuts. no wear after......... i don't even know how long anymore. put them on so long ago can't remember when it was!!!:applause::eek:

Three, found an awsome way to change oil in scotts steering stabilizer. buy enough oil to submerge the whole stabilizer under oil and move the arm back and forth while under oil. comes out feeling cherry! (you don't need a lot of oil as long as you use a container just a little bigger than the stabilizer)

Four, DON'T leave the gas tank in the bike when putting a hella coil in the top subframe bolt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: stupid me didn't realize there just a hair bit of gas tank right behind those threads and when i was drilling the threads out and the drill caught and went right into the gas tank!! crazy but it was my dumb ass so laugh at me and learn. very expensive mistake especially when you have to overnight one so you can go ice racing that weekend!!:lol:

Five- the 2005 CRF 450 is just plain awsome:thumbsup: :lol:

i used the scotts stabilizer oil. you can buy it on the website. like 8 dollars a bottle and i bought 2 so you can get the whole thing uder oil.