Sign in to follow this  

2 strokes

how are 2 strokes as a super moto or dual sport bike? im more of a 2 stroke person but i want to ride on and off road without haveing a heavy clumsy 4 stroke what would be a good convertion. i have herd alot about the kdx's. i have a rm125 now how would that be? also i wouldnt relly be going that far on the road maybe 12-15 miles total so gas wouldnt be a problem

2 strokes are ok for what they are which is a full on MX bike.

In SuperMoto they are not as fun because you dont have nearly as much engine braking and when you start learning how to slide or "back it in" the 2 stroke quickly becomes a bummer.

Another thing that makes 2 strokes less than desirable is the on-off power delivery, when you are railing a corner at full lean on slicks, the smooth power delivery of a 4 stroke makes it easier to keep the bike balanced as far as weight transfer is concerned.

4 strokes are not that much heavier than 2 strokes now, unless you are comparing an XR600 to a CR125.

ya i was thinking about makeing my rm street legal and all i think i need is lights and a plate and i was kinda talking more along the lines of a drz400 or xr650 i would be doing more rideing more dual sprot maybe some supermoto but there arent many tracks around. i had a bad time on a newer 4 stroke so now im back to 2 and also want to ride on the rode to work on weekdays and trails or tracks on weekends.

The Suzuki will do better in the smaller bore 2 strokes because of the power valve that the others ( Honda, Yamaha) do not have. The power is more controleable and not so much on and off. Also the ProCircuit pipe gives you a more even power than the FMF. My son races the Zuks and is doing GREAT with them.