TC450, TC510 or TE610

I live in Oregon where DMV is busy pulling the plates on Baha kitted dirt bikes, so am shopping for a factory built street legal on and off road bike. I live just a few miles from the mountain roads, and do not want to trailer for every fun ride.

I have it narrowed down to the choice between a TE450 or a TE510, or the 50 pound heavier TE610.

Now I need your considered opinions.

I live and ride in mud, and do some street and freeway riding. The vast bulk is off road and muddy.

A tall bike is a plus for me, and so is good suspension.

What are your considered opinions as to the best way to go?

The best why I have ever heard this put is:

The 610 is if you want to ride on roads and have some dirt roads connecting them.

The 450/510 is if you want to ride on dirt and need to hit the pavement to get to the next trail head.

From the sounds of it...get the 450 or the 510.

TE510 is for you.

I've got the 610 but am getting away from the real gnarly stuff..........BUT, I'm still suprised at how well the 610 does.

I like the old SOHC motor. Easy to ride, forgiving etc. I have a feeling the 450 and 510 are more for experts.

I'm going through all that as I type this, I'm seeing that there isn't a whole lot of difference. I'll keep looking.

the 610 holds close to 3 qts of oil giving it a 3000 mile service interval, the 450/510 hold a little more than 1.5 qts giving a shorter interval (of course depending on use and oil type). The 610 also has longer valve check intervals, but the 450/510 is sooooo easy it can be done while the oil drains. I know you hear it a lot but the 450/510 is a street legal dirt bike and the 610 is a bike designed to be ridden on the road.:applause: