Sign in to follow this  

Moab Report

What can I say! Its always great:ride: The weather was wonderful, almost too warm :eek: But some of the stores closed early:bonk: Guess they didn't realize the season has already started. Moab Diner was closed Sunday Oh well it's Utah. Wonderful place! The place we stayed said they had only 3 vacancy's between now and the end of Easter Jeep Safari. NO VACANCY between now and then. Rode Poisen spider, Sand Flats, and a few others. Part of the Kokopelli Trail. I want to do that whole thing! That is a must do!:applause: Temps in the high 70's all week this comming week:applause:

Sounds like you had a great trip. I'm going in April. Hows the snow level up on Kokopelli? And do you know how deep Kain creek is running?

Thanks, LT

The part of Kokopelli I was on was dry. That is the area around "Rose Garden Hill" Kane creek is easily doable. the run off hasn't started yet. Check out ADVrider. In the Rocky mountain section, there is a big group doing the Kokopelli trail this weekend. Wish I could go.

• Like 1

Aw man, I'm so jealous. Are you posting pics of your latest Moab excursion?

The part of Kokopelli I was on was dry. That is the area around "Rose Garden Hill" Kane creek is easily doable. the run off hasn't started yet.

we rode top of the world then up kokopelli, down rosegarden hill and back on onion creek road on sunday. there was still a teensy bit of mud at the top of top of the world, but it was easily passable and probably gone by now.

i didn't do kane creek, but the C riders from our group did. easily rideable. one guy drowned his bike for no apparent reason, but my 5'3" girlfriend rode through it all without issues.

didja see any husabergs while you were there?

we rode top of the world then up kokopelli, down rosegarden hill and back on onion creek road on sunday. there was still a teensy bit of mud at the top of top of the world, but it was easily passable and probably gone by now.

i didn't do kane creek, but the C riders from our group did. easily rideable. one guy drowned his bike for no apparent reason, but my 5'3" girlfriend rode through it all without issues.

didja see any husabergs while you were there?

Hey velosapiens,

I haven't had a chance to ride Behind the rocks or Pritchet yet. I want to get out on them when I go in April. How much more difficult would you say these trails are say to...Poison Spider/Gold Bar? Anyone else, I would value your opinion as well.

The part of Kokopelli I was on was dry. That is the area around "Rose Garden Hill" Kane creek is easily doable. the run off hasn't started yet. Check out ADVrider. In the Rocky mountain section, there is a big group doing the Kokopelli trail this weekend. Wish I could go.

Thanks for the input.

Hey velosapiens,

I haven't had a chance to ride Behind the rocks or Pritchet yet. I want to get out on them when I go in April. How much more difficult would you say these trails are say to...Poison Spider/Gold Bar? Anyone else, I would value your opinion as well.

in my opinion, going up pritchett is one of the most difficult rides in moab. going down is not bad at all. either way it's harder than poison spider (i can pedal all the way poison spider on a bicycle). going down pritchett is probably similar difficulty to going up gold bar rim, but maybe not as hard as golden spike. i dunno. if you are comfortable on poison spider and gold bar rim, you should enjoy pritchett and btr. if you struggle on the harder parts of gold bar rim, you might not enjoy going up pritchett, but going down should be fine.

a popular ride is to go up kane creek all the way to the highway, then go a couple miles on the pavement til you get to the summit, then follow behind the rocks back down to pritchett and back to the parking area.

in my opinion, going up pritchett is one of the most difficult rides in moab. going down is not bad at all. either way it's harder than poison spider (i can pedal all the way poison spider on a bicycle). going down pritchett is probably similar difficulty to going up gold bar rim, but maybe not as hard as golden spike. i dunno. if you are comfortable on poison spider and gold bar rim, you should enjoy pritchett and btr. if you struggle on the harder parts of gold bar rim, you might not enjoy going up pritchett, but going down should be fine.

a popular ride is to go up kane creek all the way to the highway, then go a couple miles on the pavement til you get to the summit, then follow behind the rocks back down to pritchett and back to the parking area.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the info,velosaipen.:applause: