Sign in to follow this  

Newbie at 2 strokes! questions

Well my last bike was air cooled so.... How do I get the dang radiator cap off? I know righty tighty lefty loosey but after it comes lose it just wont come off. Do I need to do a special YZ trick? The bike is a 2004 YZ250. I am loving the bike but wished it got better gas milage on the trail. Does anyone want to get rid of their desert tank? I also need a spark arrestor. Anyone know how I can make one for my pipe or do they sell one? Thanks for looking. I am loving the bike and it rips.

Push down as you loosen,Make sure you have it all the way around.There are small notches on the bottom that will line up and help.

It worked thanks! I had to break out the headlamp and look up at the cap. It seems that the little metal tabs that stop the cap from coming off are a little tall. I saw where it was hitting and worked it off. DUUUHHHH!!!!

I know, I know, sorry to ruin this prestige forum with such a retarded question. I thought maybe there was some sort of locking mechanism on it.

I know, I know, sorry to ruin this prestige forum with such a retarded question. I thought maybe there was some sort of locking mechanism on it.

Don't worry about it chief. We are here to help!:applause:

Oh and about the spar arrestor question, I would just by one if I were you. They should be around $80 new. I don't know the laws in AZ, but here in Kalifornia the sparky must be USF approved by law. No homemade sparkies allowed.:eek: Check your local laws.