Sign in to follow this  

El Mirage

Boyeee, has that place changed ALOT since 1973.

First time I've been there since 73, and I didn't even reconize the place. Was a fun day while it lasted..:eek:

That is all...:applause:

Oil filler cap broke off at a wied angle, and was dumping oil out of the tranny...:applause:

The first time I went there was in 1981, and you could ride anywhere you wanted. It has changed a lot since then. Very rarely go there any more.

To many areas closed off and to crowded.:applause:

Oil filler cap broke off at a wied angle, and was dumping oil out of the tranny...:applause:

That sucks,did it ruin the whole day?

only been to el mirage a couple of times.

other places have changed also. Pismo beach has had lots of areas fenced off and also Rowher Flats.

The first time I went there was in 1981, and you could ride anywhere you wanted. It has changed a lot since then. Very rarely go there any more.

To many areas closed off and to crowded.:applause:

It appears that on weekdays, it's pretty open, I saw 1 rider the short time I was there. I have heard it's a zoo on the weekends though.

Actually the lake bed has changed, but only the surface of it, which is to be expected. There wern't any paved roads, all of the smaller trails weren't there, and the building by the lake bed wasn't there.

Red, I packed up at 11:30 am, so yep, it sorta ruined my day,but I'm definitly going back. I kinda like the sandy whoops...