Sign in to follow this  

What is this for??

I recently bought a used 03 drz400s. This is bolted to the front down tube. It has the treaded hole sticking out. Could it be for some kind of tip over guard for engine case or radiator? Dealer took in trade and didn't know. A couple riding friends didn't know either.

Any ideas?

It is only on the right side.

IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1736.jpg

It looks like an aftermarket mount for possible a really big skid plate or something. I have an 06 SM and an 03 E and neither bike has that on the front mount.

A mount for some after market part, maybe a crash guard or highway pegs. It's not a stock piece tho.

Looks like the boss is welded to the original motor mount plate. I'd say an attachment point for a brace for a bumper mount rack on a motorhome or trailer.

Could it be a mounting point for a brace to keep an over-the-tank saddle bag from contacting the exhaust?

My 2000 E doesn't have anything like that.

Its the attachment point for a 50' cable which comes as part of the "drive round in a 100' diameter circle and practice getting your knee down" kit as sold by TT.

You'll need the cable, the 6' ground anchor and swivel coupling to restore this useful facility.

:applause:

I recently bought a used 03 drz400s. This is bolted to the front down tube. It has the treaded hole sticking out. Could it be for some kind of tip over guard for engine case or radiator? Dealer took in trade and didn't know. A couple riding friends didn't know either.

Any ideas?

It is only on the right side.

????

PumpGuard%20Stock%20Med.jpg

Water Pump guard for a KLR650. Maybe the same.

I have an '03 S and don't have this. Must have been welded on for an accessory of some kind, crash bars maybe?

it looks like you could mnt those street bike crash round plastic sliders you see on alot of road bikes?:applause:

It must be there so you can hook up some type of engine/frame guard and practice being a stunta!!

Can't you all see what that is for? It is clearly a mount for highway pegs. So, with that mount, you can get you pegs on and stretch out Hardley style as you are crusin' down the road on your DRZ 400 Chopper.

:applause::eek:

i appologize in advanced for my druken thoughts....

Sidecar mount.

nice....you just gave me a good idea....drunk friends....a shopping cart...and some type of quick release....my own version of jackass starring the biggest idiot available...me :lol: