Sign in to follow this  

I screwed up...fuel mixture screw

Guys,

I need some help. I have a 2004 ttr225 that I was trying to adjust the fuel mixture screw. I think I loosened it too many times. I screwed it back in and now it wont start. What can I do? What did I do? The screw never came out of the sleave area...so I know the spring and O ring didnt drop out on the floor. But did I do something else really bad? I quickly screwed it back in snug and backed it out 2-1/2 to almost 3 turns and no start.

Help.

The simple answer here would be to check if your O ring and washer slipped off the tip of your adjustment screw while it was still inside the bore. Pull out the screw all the way and make sure the spring, washer and O ring are stacked on the adjustment screw. If those parts dont come out they may be stuck and you have to pick them out with some safety wire or a tiny pick. You may have damaged the O ring if it slipped off and you reseated the screw snugly.

Ok great. thanks for the info. But I shouldn't need to tear into the carb to redo anything with the pin?