Husqvarna 430---finally

Hey guys,

I have been talking about the Husqvarna 430 for quite some time. Well, I finally bought one tonight. It is a 430cr with the wr lights and charging system.

430crintruck2.jpg

Here is another pic

430crintruck3.jpg

Best of all, it has a street title. So, I can put a tag on it and enter an Enduro with it.

Thats a heck of alot of WR parts on that bike. Just a 5 speed? I had an 87 Cr 430 and still have an 87 WR250. Looks like it is maybe a WR430 with a Cr front end. The WR had a rear frame loop like yours, also your rear brakes are WR brakes. Either way, looks real clean.

Hey thanks for the compliments. It is a CR. It is on the title as CR. The lady at the Registry of Motor Vehicles was was second guessing what to do with the CR designation because CR is listed under motorcross in her computer. She did let it go and I got a street tag for it today.

The bike really doesn't have a lot of hours on it. I bought it from the second owner who was friends with the first owner. He said the first guy oly used it like 4 times in 10 years. The guy I bought it from used it in a few enduros and then riding trails a few times. He seemed really convinced there was less than 1000 miles on it.

The bike also came with 3 boxes of spare parts. Lots of stuff new in the packages. Sprokets, decals, kick start mechanism, WR pipe and silencer, brake pads and shoes, bearings, gaskets, chain guides and other stuff. I haven't looked through it all yet.

Ah, yes, the Ford. My favorite year of pick-up the 78 Ford with tu-tone. The truck doesn't look so great now. Eventually, I plan to do some restoration to the truck. It runs really good. Has a 460 in it with a beefed up C-6 trans with a wide ratio planetary. With a 2.75 gear in the rear it goes great on the highway. Even with the high gearing the 460 has plenty of torque to pull everything I need.

No fiberglass cap. However, my transmission shop is nextdoor to a towing company that sometimes picks up junk vehicles. They towed in a tan 82 F-150 and it had a tan aluminum topper on it. Swapped it over to my truck---fits almost perfect.

I have quite a few Ford products. This 78 F-150 Ranger Lariat, a 78 Bronco XLT Ranger, a 79 Bronco Custom, a 75 C-700 bucket truck, a 70 Cougar XR-7, 70 Cougar XR-7 convertible, 69 Cougar Eliminator, 69 Cougar Sports Special, 69 Cougar XR-7 (390 powered), 68 Monterey fastback, 68 Monterey convertible, 58 Monterey Phaeton Sedan, 58 Montclair Turnpike Cruiser (parts car) and a 58 Parklane Phaeton Coupe. Oh, and a non-Ford-----58 Mack B-42-T.

Norman, where in New York do you live?

Central Finger Lakes, just north of Ithaca. I had a '61 Comet, '64 Comet Caliente hardtop(really wanted a Cyclone), '66 Cyclone GT convertible(4 speed, 4bbl, 390) '74 F350 Camper Special, '85 F250, '88 F250, '92 F350 9.5 ft Van. '93 F150(351 carbed towing package, had the banshee intake howl when you got on it), '95 F SuperDuty(F450)Powerstroke 9.5 Van, '95 F150, '97 E350 SRW 10' Cube(Wrecked) '98 E350 DRW 10' Cube, '04 E350 DRW 10' Cube and a '05 Focus SES wagon. Wife wants a Mustang, I want a Focus RS, but they don't sell them in the US.

Norman

Central Finger Lakes, just north of Ithaca. I had a '61 Comet, '64 Comet Caliente hardtop(really wanted a Cyclone), '66 Cyclone GT convertible(4 speed, 4bbl, 390) '74 F350 Camper Special, '85 F250, '88 F250, '92 F350 9.5 ft Van. '93 F150(351 carbed towing package, had the banshee intake howl when you got on it), '95 F SuperDuty(F450)Powerstroke 9.5 Van, '95 F150, '97 E350 SRW 10' Cube(Wrecked) '98 E350 DRW 10' Cube, '04 E350 DRW 10' Cube and a '05 Focus SES wagon. Wife wants a Mustang, I want a Focus RS, but they don't sell them in the US.

Norman

Awesome about the cars. Bummer that Ithica is about 4 hours away from me.

A little Northeast Husky weekend could be arranged! I've got a place we could camp and do some riding.:applause:

Norman

Hey Norman, that sounds like it'd be a good time.

I have another question. I rode this 430 for the first time today around the parking lot. Man, is that engine really supposed to vibrate that much?

They are kinda a pain to kick over. But, kicking it like a 4 stroke seems to work pretty well.

Yeah, they really do vibrate...My 84.5 Husky WR 400 has vibrated the exhaust, carb manifold, engine mounts, and even the swing arm loose...So tighten, blue loctite, and re-tighten, and then tighten everything down again...My 1979 Maico 250 does the same thing...I will be putting two 1980 Maico 440's back together again very soon and can only imagine what the vibes on it will feel like..Can you say, carpal tunnel syndrome!?:applause: