Sign in to follow this  

Clarke Tank - Seat doesn't fit right.

Just got a Clarke tank for my 06 YZ-250 and things don't fit correctly. It was an easy installation, but the seat bunches up, and the rubber strap isn't long enough to install at all. -- What is up with that?

Chris

I had the same problems.

I just stretched the tank strap really tight to get it to fit. I also had to shorten the tank strap screw a bit, the nut was not as deep in the clarke tank as the stocker.

I put a new seat cover on at the same time as the tank and had to bring it back down, on the bike, to the upholstery guy. It was bunching up, so he pulled the staples on the front and tightened it up. Since I had the bike there, he was able to make adjustments.

I also have the shrouds pulling away a bit. One side I can trim up, the other I will have to live with.

Another issue was tank graphics! I have the Hurricane kit and chose a black tank to get that 50th anniversary look. Well, the bigger tank makes the graphics a bit too small... But, in looking at other bikes with big tanks, the graphics don't fit perfect either. So, I lined it up as best as I could... It looks good, but not exactly what I had in mind.

I had read about the problems, but purchased the tank anyway. After running into the issues first hand, I debated about bringing it back, but decided I needed the extra fuel to avoid pit stops during races. So, I have just worked around the problems.

I like the tank though, it is not overly large, which is what I was most concerned with.

I guess it is hard to squeeze in that extra gallon and not be off in places. It just depends on how much you want to compromise for that extra gallon.

Erik