Sign in to follow this  

Radiator Guard/ Cages?

What type of radiator guards are strongest for the '02 CR250? I had a set of Roosters on my 450x, but they don't make 'em for the 250. Moose makes a cool looking cage, but only for the '05- '07s. Aren't they the same '02- '07?

The only thing I'm coming up with are Works Connection braces. They would probably be OK if they had the rods going in front of the rads to the frame. I had Devols on my 450r, but they bent up pretty easily. I'm known to trash radiators pretty regularly. Uggghh!! :applause:

Thanks

What type of radiator guards are strongest for the '02 CR250? I had a set of Roosters on my 450x, but they don't make 'em for the 250. Moose makes a cool looking cage, but only for the '05- '07s. Aren't they the same '02- '07?

The only thing I'm coming up with are Works Connection braces. They would probably be OK if they had the rods going in front of the rads to the frame. I had Devols on my 450r, but they bent up pretty easily. I'm known to trash radiators pretty regularly. Uggghh!! :eek:

Thanks

i would imagine that they are close enough to work. with a little shade tree engineering, anything can fit... i have been looking at a set of those myself...:applause:

The only thing I'm coming up with are Works Connection braces. They would probably be OK if they had the rods going in front of the rads to the frame. I had Devols on my 450r, but they bent up pretty easily. I'm known to trash radiators pretty regularly. Uggghh!! :applause:

Thanks

I have a set of moose cages on my 07 and would definately reccomend. They are heavy duty. The only bad part is the installation. It takes a little time since you must remove both rads off the bike and build the cages around the rads and reinstall everything. They are worth it. Not sure of the differences between the rads from 07 to the 02 but they look like they would work. Contact moose for a more definate answer.

Dano 7

I have a set of moose cages on my 07 and would definately reccomend. They are heavy duty. The only bad part is the installation. It takes a little time since you must remove both rads off the bike and build the cages around the rads and reinstall everything. They are worth it. Not sure of the differences between the rads from 07 to the 02 but they look like they would work. Contact moose for a more definate answer.

Dano 7

www.Flatlandracing.com

their the best