Sign in to follow this  

Dirtbike magazines bias

Does anybody pick up on this? Dirtbike mag has a total byas against honda, and its really evident in a lot of there writings. Where does it come from? Does anybody remember a dirtbike magazine article about 7 years ago when dirtbike magazine put cr250 inverted forks on a 650r? I remember the magazine saying that honda really condemned that act saying that the cr250 forks wern't designed for that type of bike. Honda then made the magazine put out a disclaimer about the act saying that the inverted forks should not be placed on the 650r. Dirtbike mag did not like that honda was telling them what to do. Since then the magazine has been subtly and not so subtly trashing the honda name ever since. And since then, and I've been picking up this mag for about the past 10 or so years, they have really been favoring yamahas over the honda..........shit does anybody else remember this? While its still my favorite mag, I just ignore what they say about hondas cause I know they are the most tried and trued bike on the market, period. Its really horrible how they endorse yamaha at every chance even when they put out a shity 1st year redesigned 450 and say it turns awesome and does everything great.....BS! The bike had fixes the next year and I still hear about improvements needed to the bike! Dirtrider seems to be the most honest of the magazines but god it seems like the writing, graphic layout, and the pictures in that mag have gone downhill.........whew, im may never type this much again in my life.

Hmmm, lemme see if I can put this in plainer terms that may hit home a little closer......:eek:

Let's say you mow your lawn a certain way every Friday afternoon after work. It works real well for you, but your neighbor throws a fit over it because he doesn't like to mow his lawn that frequently, and decides to sick and entire pack of lawyers after you, informing you that unless you capitulate to his demands, he will sue you for everything you own, have owned, ever will own, and everything your children will ever own. So you now have to mow your lawn twice per month maximum, so that you don't irritate the neighbor by making your stuff nicer than his........

......10 years go by, and your lawn looks like crap, and you find out your neighbor's on probation that prohibits alcohol consumption or possession, but every garbage day when you head off to work, you notice that his recycling bin is chock full of Boone's Farm bottles and empty Pabst cans........

You do the neighborly thing and return the favor of his being a :censored:hole :applause:

Payback's a bitch!:lol:

Hmmm, lemme see if I can put this in plainer terms that may hit home a little closer......:eek:

Let's say you mow your lawn a certain way every Friday afternoon after work. It works real well for you, but your neighbor throws a fit over it because he doesn't like to mow his lawn that frequently, and decides to sick and entire pack of lawyers after you, informing you that unless you capitulate to his demands, he will sue you for everything you own, have owned, ever will own, and everything your children will ever own. So you now have to mow your lawn twice per month maximum, so that you don't irritate the neighbor by making your stuff nicer than his........

......10 years go by, and your lawn looks like crap, and you find out your neighbor's on probation that prohibits alcohol consumption or possession, but every garbage day when you head off to work, you notice that his recycling bin is chock full of Boone's Farm bottles and empty Pabst cans........

You do the neighborly thing and return the favor of his being a :censored:hole :applause:

Dude screw payback I just want honesty

was this supose to be painer terms?? i was lost at the lawn mower part??:lol:

was this supose to be painer terms?? i was lost at the lawn mower part??:applause:

Allright class, for those who want the cliffs notes-:eek:

Karma=what goes around, comes around:bonk:

Honda is now getting treated like a red-headed stepchild for siccing their lawyers after some guys who only wanted to do some mods to improve a bike.

Wonder what kind of lambasting they would recieve if they saw some of the frankenbike's some TT'ers are putting together- http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=479361#post4475719

Dude, don't sweat what the rags say. Look at them like you do an Enquirer type mag....all fluff but little substance. One mag bags on Honda?...who cares, the others all seem to suck up to Honda.

Does a little ol magazine really get you that worked up? Ride what makes you happy, and screw the mags.

You must get a different "DIRTBIKE" magazine then me because for the last ten years Honda has had a few "bike of the year" with there CRF450 in "DIRTBIKE":bonk:

Dude screw payback I just want honesty

What you have to understand (and maybe you do) is that the press are nothing more than pampered people. I frankly don't trust much of what I read in mags just because I've seen first hand how press people get treated and what happens when their feathers get ruffled.

I have not doubt whatsoever that there are honest writers out there, but sifting thru who they are is something I don't have time for.

Allright class, for those who want the cliffs notes-:applause:

Karma=what goes around, comes around:bonk:

Honda is now getting treated like a red-headed stepchild for siccing their lawyers after some guys who only wanted to do some mods to improve a bike.

Wonder what kind of lambasting they would recieve if they saw some of the frankenbike's some TT'ers are putting together- http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=479361#post4475719

While your example is really is a good one, your reasoning is not. What is honda to do when some greedy little bastard sues honda cause he put cr250 forks on a 650r like dirtbike magazine said and snaps the headtube on a 650r, which it wasn't designed for? Honda is justfully looking after they're own back. Your statement much like many I've made, holds no water.

Does anybody pick up on this? Dirtbike mag has a total byas against honda, and its really evident in a lot of there writings. Where does it come from? Does anybody remember a dirtbike magazine article about 7 years ago when dirtbike magazine put cr250 inverted forks on a 650r? I remember the magazine saying that honda really condemned that act saying that the cr250 forks wern't designed for that type of bike. Honda then made the magazine put out a disclaimer about the act saying that the inverted forks should not be placed on the 650r. Dirtbike mag did not like that honda was telling them what to do. Since then the magazine has been subtly and not so subtly trashing the honda name ever since. And since then, and I've been picking up this mag for about the past 10 or so years, they have really been favoring yamahas over the honda..........shit does anybody else remember this? While its still my favorite mag, I just ignore what they say about hondas cause I know they are the most tried and trued bike on the market, period. Its really horrible how they endorse yamaha at every chance even when they put out a shity 1st year redesigned 450 and say it turns awesome and does everything great.....BS! The bike had fixes the next year and I still hear about improvements needed to the bike! Dirtrider seems to be the most honest of the magazines but god it seems like the writing, graphic layout, and the pictures in that mag have gone downhill.........whew, im may never type this much again in my life.

So I take it Honda lost the shoot out? Dude grow up its a freaking magazine. Who cares what they say. As long as you like the bike thats all that matters. Some people like the Yamahas some like the Hondas heck some even like Suzukis.

I remember the CR250 forks on the 650, that was a long time ago. But Honda's argument was that the frame on the 650 wasn't ridgid enough for those forks. Either way, DirtBike has proclaimed the CR450 the bike of the year ever since it was introduced. So how can you say that they are anti-Honda??

they may have been upset with honda for a while but seriously, that mag is like a honda ad now adays i dont think they dislike honda at all, they do so many honda tests and talk about how hondas are so good quite often. i dont read that mag very much but the last time i read it there was a used bike buyers guide and honda had alot of the number 1 buys and was everywhere i think a honda won the top 250cc and up and the top 249cc and under.

Do those magazines actually have articles in them? They look like one continuous add for one thing or another to me and I read them as such.