Sign in to follow this  

02 VOR 450 EN Tips

Hey all,

Need some advice, found an 02 VOR 450 in good nic for $2k australian:applause: What do I need to know before I dive in and blow my money? I know it needs new mains and it has a slight score on one of the cam lobes but its all apart already. I only want it for about 4-5 rides a year so it wont have to much of a hard life.

Would like to know as much as I can because there isnt many dealers left here in OZ.

Thanks

Mate

most people measure their life with a bike in klms traveled.

Life with my VOR is measured in dollars spent, with the added complication parts have dried up.

In the past I would have overlooked this and enjoyed the riding, but no longer as its unreliability overtakes everything.

Spend your money more wisely somewhere else.

Here's my 2 cents worth.

I have recently bought the same bike, but in fantastic condition. I paid about $3500 in AUD, $2800 US. But like I said, it is in nearly show room condition, with a bunch of extra parts, extra plastic, tires, cables, etc. I've always been afraid of purchasing basket case vehicles, motorcycles, etc.

I've tried, and been burnt almost every time.

So weigh it most carefully. If you have the time and patience to put it back together, it sounds like a good deal, and will make a wonderful bike. The thing is a work of art. And rides like a million $$$$ AUD or US. But if not steer clear. Look for something else.

E.

Hey all,

Need some advice, found an 02 VOR 450 in good nic for $2k australian:applause: What do I need to know before I dive in and blow my money? I know it needs new mains and it has a slight score on one of the cam lobes but its all apart already. I only want it for about 4-5 rides a year so it wont have to much of a hard life.

Would like to know as much as I can because there isnt many dealers left here in OZ.

Thanks

With parts getting harder and harder to find everyday and no factory support, I would recommend that you walk away and do not look back.

I agree , evey ride costs you 10 hours repairing and a minimum of $1000 . It gets beyond a joke. Dont do it unless you own a lathe and a bank.

ouch :eek:

i get mine 530 enduro 2002 in december 06 and i ride it more than 50hours that's for sure.

Didn't get any technical problem for the moment. It was announced by the seller to have 6000km. I bought it 2000€, at this price, i couldn't get good bikes. A friend of mine get his one stealed (:applause: ) and it has 30 000km without any "big" problems.

But i would prefer a 530 model if i were you.

I agree with ThOrGaL

I've got over 60 hours on my '03 450 ENe and it just goes. I change the oil fairly regularly, I ride it most weekends, it doesn't break and I enjoy it.

I'm not having much of an issue when I need parts, but I don't buy very many because it doesn't break.

I have owned 5 of them... you have to understand they are exotic and expensive to own, if you don't mind... BUY IT! It's like owning a very expensive auto like a Ferrari.