Southern Idaho motocross

I figure this ought to get some people all pissed off so feel free to flame me all you want!!!

I think all the individuals that run motocross tracks in southwest idaho should get on a small bus and take a field trip to so cal and learn how a track is built and maintained. We would all be much better off if this happened!!! I have my reasons to get into this but I wont name specifics.

White Knuckle racing mtn home---Lets put the fences a little closer to the track so when someone wads up they run into a chain link fence and we can all laugh then go drink a budweiser then go huntin! Woo hoo! Oh...the name White Knuckle was cool in the 80's.

:applause:

Pleasant valley---Lets charge to much for practice. That way we can keep the poor folk off our track. I especially like the huge toy haulers and insane rvs that show up for 2 hours during practice. Them aint no poor folk! Then lets build a sweet track, but then we will add a really shitty section to the back side of it. After awhile we will close the backside section for practice so no one can ride the crappy section. Lastly, we will wait awhile and then turn everything upside down and run the track in reverse.:eek:

OMC---Lets make sure people have to jump through their asses to be able to practice on our track. Its almost like probation just to spin a few laps on OMC's track.

ETC ETC ETC!!!!

FLAME ON!!!

I am not saying that Idaho needs to californiaize anything, all Im saying is that so cal isnt world renowned for motocross for nothing. I have had the chance to see how things are built and run down there while I was living in California. All I can say is damn, those tracks are sweet. True motocross...wide, fast, big hits.... The tracks around here are more like supercross and a couple are like arena. Too tight and to expensive.

I have been to all tracks mentioned above. Costs money to build and maintain tracks and equipment, not to mention the initial investment of the land. OMC is the worst as far as being able to ride but they try to keep the ones there that contribute to the cause and not just ride the track. Pleasant, Mark is cool but the other brother is a dick. Clay peaks was ok till the current take over and we shall see what happens. Mt Home is to small to do to much with. As far as big toy haulers, I have one and yes I payed a lot for it so I intend on using it every chance I get. I didnt buy it to collect dust.

Go back to California then. At least we don't have to deal with all the rules they do. I'd rather ride a crappy Idaho track than deal with all the BS down there. Go ride Clay Peak in Payette. Over time you'll realize how good you have it here, and you'll hope people stop moving in and complaining. I once thought Cal. was better too!

Go back to California then. At least we don't have to deal with all the rules they do. I'd rather ride a crappy Idaho track than deal with all the BS down there. Go ride Clay Peak in Payette. Over time you'll realize how good you have it here, and you'll hope people stop moving in and complaining. I once thought Cal. was better too!

As a born and raised former Californian, I say :applause:

I'm on the fence about OMC. I'm a member but, with two little kids, I have to put in 40 hours a year in volunteering. I understand the concept (rider involvement, keeps out the riffraff) but that's too much. I let my membership slip and probably am done with it. There's just too many great riding places to go for me to be a slave to one track.

PV: I don't think their prices are too expensive. In fact, I've wondered how they stay open with what they charge. They must own the land outright. It takes bucks to operate a track. I can't imagine what the insurance is.

This is cool. Rattling the cage a little bit. I would move back to cali but my current job doesnt allow me the privilege of doing so. I know the riding here is second to none and I DO know how good I have it. I like Idaho alot. The one thing that sucks though is all the people that bitch and complain about californians moving here. I dont see what the big stink is. Why always point the finger at people from cali. Why dont people bitch about other people from back east or texas or any other state moving here. I guess it just gets old listening to the bitching and whining about how people move here and ruin the state of Idaho. I think this state is alot better than it was 10 years ago when I moved here. The tracks still suck though! The last time I checked there wasnt much bullshit to deal with in cali when it came to mx but maybe you know something I dont!?!?!

ive lived in sd my whole life. but have been coming to idaho since i was a little kid. i don't even ride down here, i don't like the crowds in the desert and idaho has endless opportunities. im moving to our house on the snake in june, i ride up the grade to my riding area...its perfect. then for a good trail, head to south hills, and spend all day up there.

anyone live in twin or jerome?

hey, that pleasant valley track is right on my way home from work (work at the airport, live in kuna). i wish i had my bike in the truck today.

so does it get pretty crowded at pleasant valley on tuesday/thursday nights? what's the track like? crazy doubles? safe tables? i'm not a super mx-er guy, mostly ride offroad, but i like 30-50' tables and 20-30' doubles, especially if the doubles are semi-forgiving (like you can case it and walk away). i also like the idea of getting in some intense riding after work, sort of as training for dezert and enduro racing.

hey, that pleasant valley track is right on my way home from work (work at the airport, live in kuna). i wish i had my bike in the truck today.

so does it get pretty crowded at pleasant valley on tuesday/thursday nights? what's the track like? crazy doubles? safe tables? i'm not a super mx-er guy, mostly ride offroad, but i like 30-50' tables and 20-30' doubles, especially if the doubles are semi-forgiving (like you can case it and walk away). i also like the idea of getting in some intense riding after work, sort of as training for dezert and enduro racing.

I have only ridden there twice, both last year. It did get pretty busy but they broke the riders up into groups, A's, B's (as in sandBaggers)and peewee's (if they have enough). Once they break it up it's like 20 minutes on, 40 minutes off. You can also ride on the non-maintained areas around the track. On the Tuesday/Thursday practice days you get a coupon for a hamburger or hotdog with your $15 practice fee.

They reversed the track and, in my opinion, made it harder last year. The previous config was much better suited to my track-newbie 'roll-it' style :applause: The big table top (50' ?) in the front got turned into a step-up with a negative between the upper and lower so you either rolled it or cleared it. The rest of the track wasn't too bad, a few smaller table tops, step up's step downs etc. They have quite a bit of stuff packed in a small area.

They just opened for '07 practice on Tuesday so I don't know what it looks like now. It is generally a good idea to check their board and see if they are not open due to race prep or whatever.

Overall it was a nice change of pace from desert riding.

Charles

ive lived in sd my whole life. but have been coming to idaho since i was a little kid. i don't even ride down here, i don't like the crowds in the desert and idaho has endless opportunities. im moving to our house on the snake in june, i ride up the grade to my riding area...its perfect. then for a good trail, head to south hills, and spend all day up there.

anyone live in twin or jerome?

I live in Jerome

Most people bitch about Cailifornicators becuase they just don't move in....they also bring all of their BS political agendas.

OMC....track is great for race day, otherwise it is usually a dry slick rutted piece of crap...let my membership expire a couple of years ago.:applause:

Pleasant Valley...never rode it, but the owner approached me once with this great deal for a membership....$750.00 yr.?

To each his own........:eek:

Amen! It's not that we hate Californians, because most of us in Idaho are from there, San Diego. It has to do with, sure they have better things there. I wish I could go to Chargers games and Padres games and all we have is the Boise Hawks. But, overall the way of life here is so much better you make sacrifices. I visit family down there and after a week I can't believe how happy I am to come back here. People from Cal as opposed to people from other states are different because they only focus on the positives, and sure theres plenty, lots to do. But the negs way outnumber the pos. Traffic, Housing, Crime, Etc. You knew this was coming when you started the thread.

What exactly did I know was coming??? I knew this would spark up a debate and that is the exact reason I posted it. I think its good to hear everyones opionion and I do value all of them I love idaho and have no future plans of leaving here. When it comes right down to it, it doesnt matter where your from.