Sign in to follow this  

woohoo, crf230!

well it looks like we're getting a crf230, we found a really good deal, guy wants it gonna and were gonna offer 1500. it would bwe my dads like [hahaha, yeah right, id spend more time on it then him!] but my question is can the bike pack enough punch stock for my dad to be satisfied? hes not into the modding thing...

im EXCITED! ive been wanting to ride one of these.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/mcy/291821469.html

Kiwi, it really depends on how he rides. My brother in law and I are both lard asses. His bike is stock, mine has a number of mods. He loves his and I cannot stand it. I want him to open his bike up sooo bad. maybe he could keep up.

Kiwi, it really depends on how he rides. My brother in law and I are both lard asses. His bike is stock, mine has a number of mods. He loves his and I cannot stand it. I want him to open his bike up sooo bad. maybe he could keep up.

my dads pretty agressive. he raced in the 80s.

my dads pretty agressive. he raced in the 80s.

I would think he would want to rejet it and uncork it with an aftermarket air filter. Just a few dollars but such a world of difference. For a big guy like me it means a lil twist of the throttle pops over bumps and humps in the trail and I dont feel all of them, thats huge.

well, funny story. the bikes not a stones throw from my house! we just got back from looking at it and its not that bad. guys going to cali and he wants it GONE. were gonna offer 1000 green cash. im so ciked.

and put appx 1" of PVC pip[e in the fron forks, such a difference. that was the 1st mod i did to mine.

Fun bikes to be sure but really underpowered for anything but plunking around. You can ride trails very fast though, as fast as other bike really but the actual acceleration is very under whelming.

I rode 125's back in the 80's and the 230 just made me miss 2 the stroke power. Fun bike yes, but enough power, is there ever such a thing....

Fun bikes to be sure but really underpowered for anything but plunking around. You can ride trails very fast though, as fast as other bike really but the actual acceleration is very under whelming.

I rode 125's back in the 80's and the 230 just made me miss 2 the stroke power. Fun bike yes, but enough power, is there ever such a thing....

I have to agree with you on this , mid 80's I rode "85" cr125r and riding my 230 20 yr's later I thought the 125 had more power . But I still like my 230:thumbsup:

looks like were gonna buy it. guys moving to cali and he wants it gone pronto. were gonna offer 1000 green cash. i bet he'll take it. yayyyyy :applause:

apperently, my friend thinks this is stupid and shes been telling all of her friends that i "suck" on my 150 and im "wobbly", so this is gonna get interesting.

looks like were gonna buy it. guys moving to cali and he wants it gone pronto. were gonna offer 1000 green cash. i bet he'll take it. yayyyyy :applause:

apperently, my friend thinks this is stupid and shes been telling all of her friends that i "suck" on my 150 and im "wobbly", so this is gonna get interesting.

So what, even if you are a little bit wobbly. You will gain skills, how long have you been riding? You will be totally jammin' by the end of summer.

Hey "weebles wobble but they dont fall down",screw her,thats no friend,you rock Kiwi...

haha ya i know ryno im pretty much the coolest person to ever walk the face of the earth. hahaha. kiddin.

hmm..ive been riding since april 04..almost 3 years now. damn. hahahaha. im gettin there. def going riding at more places this year...

$1,500 for an 05'? You may be looking at $2,000+ for that bike. But I hope you get it! My dad almost bought a 230 a couple months ago but the guy wanted like $2,400 for it.

$1,500 for an 05'? You may be looking at $2,000+ for that bike. But I hope you get it! My dad almost bought a 230 a couple months ago but the guy wanted like $2,400 for it.

nope. he wants it gone.

Kiwi -you're gonna put pink plastics on it aren't you......your poor father.....riding a pink bike.....not a good look!! LOL

Kiwi -you're gonna put pink plastics on it aren't you......your poor father.....riding a pink bike.....not a good look!! LOL

how did you know! hahahaahah. theyre in the mail. ive also got some custom graphics with pink and purple stars on them on the way!

i always did tell myself if i had another 150 id make it pink and black and make it wicked sick with a cr85 fork mod and pipe and bbk and whatnot. i think ill just settle for a pink and black crf50, which i want when i get a job...oh, that'll be a killer.