Sign in to follow this  

Hot Cams advantage

I was thinking of buying a Hot Cams exhaust cam for my bike (YZ426)...when i look up the product it tells you what both the intake and exhuast cam installed do:

-excellent midrange increase

-improved throttle response

-smooth power delivery.....etc

so i am wondering what I would get if I just installed the exhaust cam?

Is it alright to just install one and not the other?

Not to be sarcastic, but your kidding right? On a DOHC engine, the intake and exhaust cams are a matched set......designed to work together. Physically, you could install just the exhaust cam but the likelyhood of this set-up working correctly is slim to none. Buy a Honda.......the single cam will make it less confussing for you!

Tom

Not to be sarcastic, but your kidding right? On a DOHC engine, the intake and exhaust cams are a matched set......designed to work together. Physically, you could install just the exhaust cam but the likelyhood of this set-up working correctly is slim to none. Buy a Honda.......the single cam will make it less confussing for you!

Tom

uhhh no. A exhaust cam will change the timing of the motor changing the powerband and riding characteristics. It will do what it says it does. And who wants a honda? :applause::eek:

Buy a Honda.......the single cam will make it less confussing for you!

Tom

Then he would be asking how to rebuild his motor. Better dead than red.

Ask HotCams for advice. They've always been responsive to my inquiries.

Tom

Nah, you can change either one. Will have different performance than running both(could be better, could be worse depending on what you are looking for), but it will work. A lot of the DRZ guys only switch out the intake to a hot cam and keep the stock exh cam. I would either ask hotcams or post in the YZF forum and see what they are running.

Then he would be asking how to rebuild his motor. Better dead than red.

It's funny how you yamaha guys are always talking sh*t, but I've never had problems. Maybe you guys should start doing better maintenance. :applause:

I asked hotcams about the same thing on a 250f and they said they are designed to work together, and to get both. but then again they are out to sell cams.

on the 426 you can do a swap to stock 450 cams and it really smooths the power out. I had a friend that did it and thought it was way better.

here is a thread about it:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60381&highlight=yz426f+yz450f+cam+swap

I installed the auto decomp exhaust cam from Hot Cams in my 426. I only changed the one and it ran excellent. You do not have to run their intake cam, but I'm sure they would like you to have it. Anyone that says you have to run them as a match set doesn't know what they are talking about concerning the 426.

Alright thanks alot man..thats what I wanted to hear!!

02YZ426....did you notice any increase in power or anything like that....was it worth the money...any input would be nice

red and blue will always do

yellow and green are a bunch of poo

go red and yellow

blue and green are poo!! lol

and orange is a fruit:thumbsup:

Alright thanks alot man..thats what I wanted to hear!!

02YZ426....did you notice any increase in power or anything like that....was it worth the money...any input would be nice

To be honest, I don't think it made much of a difference. It did make it kick over really easy though.

So do you think I should buy the hot cam exhaust cam or just get the 450 oem exhuast cam(cheaper)?

no wing. no prayer!

of going fast :applause:

red and blue will always do

yellow and green are a bunch of poo

flip that around and you are correct

Children....!!! It's always funny when you try to help a guy out with some information and then all the idiots with sh!t for brains chime in! :applause:

Children....!!! It's always funny when you try to help a guy out with some information and then all the idiots with sh!t for brains chime in! :lol:

Can't we all just get along?:applause::eek::lol: :lol: