Orion/SUNL Pitbike Review

Decided to get out on the bikes today since it was so nice out and I was just reminded of how great Orion/SUNL pitbikes are and how great there quality is. Had them for about 5 months now with zero problems and really couldnt be any happier. If your thinking about getting one, dont think twice.:applause:

2480618_4_full.jpg

2480618_5_full.jpg

2480618_6_full.jpg

2480618_7_full.jpg

2480618_8_full.jpg

2480618_9_full.jpg

2480618_10_full.jpg

2480618_11_full.jpg

That was the Orion I was looking at. How is it holding up. Any problems other than the rear axle. Will the frame handle jumps? It is a great looking bike for the cost.

Hey, it is holding up great. The stock rear axle is in there with no problems whatsoever. If you are casing 50 ft doubles it might bend, but what wouldnt?

SNAP ... casing 50 foot doubles ? my wrists are throbbing just thinking about that :applause: (refer to avatar to the left w/ 2 broken arms) i am glad that you have not had any issues with your orion. mine rips and is a blast for the $$. pitbiking is aswesome, and i am happy to see some trail pics and not just all 3 foot jumps ! thanks for sharing !

intersting enough i saw serveral of them for the first time at the open practice at OWC tonight...they were sluggish and couldnt make it for the big hits. Seemed to have awkward geometry as well. Regardless i guess everyone has different uses for them :applause:

intersting enough i saw serveral of them for the first time at the open practice at OWC tonight...they were sluggish and couldnt make it for the big hits. Seemed to have awkward geometry as well. Regardless i guess everyone has different uses for them :applause:

Lol im sure rider ability has nothing to do with it. Your a funny guy.

intersting enough i saw serveral of them for the first time at the open practice at OWC tonight...they were sluggish and couldnt make it for the big hits. Seemed to have awkward geometry as well. Regardless i guess everyone has different uses for them :eek:

Never ridden one, but I would have to agree w/ the awkwardness...what is different about them...I can't figure it out?!!:applause:

A local car dealer here had a row of these he was selling along with some of the little SunL quads. We stopped and rode one up and down the block & ripped around the playground next door (that didnt go over well!), i would rank them down there with the old original SSR models, IMO it steered like a bus (like the old 02/03 CRF450's), ran like a stock bike, (guess you can hop it up?) but overall fit/finish/hardware was really cheesy. The brakes drag,the swingarm mount setup i dont think will last and will be wobbling in no time. If i was going knock off i think theres alot better out there....once again this was just my impression of it

Please keep opinions to yourself until you ride one yourself. You give other people who are looking to buy the wrong impression.

Its a forum...I have seen them in person on a supercross style pitbike track so i am not just saying it for no reason...i wasnt rude about it...sorry i dont look at them the same way you do

I agree with the both sides, the Orion advocates and their opponents. They are a decent bike for the money. Hell for the $850 or so that they sell for, what is expected. One big plus in my opinion is they don't seem to be having any issues with the frame, which is really suprising to me and they don't seem to be plauged with any major issues except the rear axle. They have their place in the market, but the fit and finish leaves something to be desired. My .02 for what it's worth.

Great way to put it. Buy what you can afford, besides these might make a great bulding platform for a Mod bike if the frames turn out to be dependable enough. As for the little issues like the weak rear axle, from my eperience in pitbikes no matter what brand you ride, it's all about identifying the weak points and refining them until you have something that can take beating from us big kids. That's where the TT forums shine, a place to reveal the flaws, "one mans' pain is another mans gain". Ride it till it breaks!!!

Great way to put it. Buy what you can afford, besides these might make a great bulding platform for a Mod bike if the frames turn out to be dependable enough. As for the little issues like the weak rear axle, from my eperience in pitbikes no matter what brand you ride, it's all about identifying the weak points and refining them until you have something that can take beating from us big kids. That's where the TT forums shine, a place to reveal the flaws, "one mans' pain is another mans gain". Ride it till it breaks!!!

You and Outlaw are 100% on. While these Orions do not have the perfect finish or the best parts direct from the factory, the 2 main componants (being the motor and frame/swing-arm) are pretty much sound. I have not had any issues with all of the ones I have sold in those areas. However, I can easily identify many other areas that normal aftermarket bolt-ons will help !

Get what you can afford & have a blast :applause: