Sign in to follow this  

My NEW kawi

ya every bike that i get i order and put together myself. screw paying the shop to do it

bleedgreen

thx! i hope i dont have to mess with tranny prob, valve prob.....etc.etc.etc.

rmracer426

at my dealer its the same price in a box, or ready to go.

my first new bike....so i choose the box b/c i want to put it together myself.

Please tell me a few word about breaking in

i read different stories...

what is the best way to brake in the bike properly??

thx

Thats really nice. The being in the crate just adds to the "newness".:applause:

I am surpirsed they let you get it in the crate. When I worked in a dealer we weren't allowed as it voided any liabilty from the dealership/manufacturer. Make sure to grease it up well as the factory grease is bunk.

racer24

thx for the link about breaking in.

dont know what to do....hard, or easy break in.....:applause:

another question:

do i have to replace the oil in the forks after break in??

thx

gery

has anyone on here broke there bike in hard like that link says too? whats the out come?

I did, got the bike on the 21st, broke it in hard the next night. Rode all last weekend pretty much and I will be changing the oil this week. I will let you know if there are any shavings or anything in the oil. The bike runs great and has lots of power. I just have an idle issue that I need to work out.

has anyone on here broke there bike in hard like that link says too? whats the out come?

when they mean hard ...it doesn't to rev the shit out of it....they mean using Hard ACCEL AND DECEL forces to pust the rings against the rings....so let it warm up then practice with some hard accel. bursts and heavy deceleration....then you can start to climb up the gear and powerband....at first i let is warm up then go slow...but then i rip it.....the first 20-30 miles are the most important...if the rings don't seat, then oil will leak up past the rings and then you'll be burning oil :applause:

So stay away from: High RPM's (at first) and Don't baby it.

when ur done i suggest you recheck the valve clearance...cause they usually go out of spec (or the bike came tight). after your first shim, you wont have to worry about it for a while.

what was that ponch-looking deal that was on the back of the bike in a couple of pictures?