Sign in to follow this  

How much should I sell my 2004 XR400R for?

Hello guys your opinions would be greatly appreciated. I currently have an 2004 XR400 that is parked in my dining room and have been going back and forth over rather to sell her or not. I bought it totally stock (even the tires) last year from an older guy that had bought it new to ride around with his young grandkids. Below is a pic of the bike before I pulled it into the house to start adding modifications. It has not been ridden one time since this picture was taken and the new mods added! I plan to take an updated picture with the new mods soon.

717990-XR400Leftsmall.JPG

After pulling the bike into the house and detailing every inch of the bike I performed the mods listed below. Soon before finishing all of the intended mods I dislocated my shoulder in an MX race on my CRF450 and it has been sitting in my house gathering dust! I have recently purchased a new car and will be getting married and buying another house soon. Having a little extra money would not be a bad thing right now!

Devol Front and Rear Disc Guards

Moose Hand Guards with Spoilers

DG Baja Skid Plate

Works Connection Frame Guards

Devol Oil Filter Guard

Tusk Oversize Pegs

Maxxis Maxxcross Desert IT 120 Rear

Maxxis Maxxcross SI Front

Ultra Heavy Duty tubes

Forks raised 15mm above the top clamp

Devol Lowering Link

Race Tech .44 fork springs w/ 5wt Oil & 3" PVC spacers

Stock rear spring with 105mm of sag

Renthal Windham Bend Bars

Sunline Full-Waffle Grips w/ blister guards

Moose bolt-on rear fender tool bag

MSR Front fender Tube Pak

Snorkel removed and 96 lip inserted

XR600 Airbox Drain/Vent Tube

Stock Exhaust with HRC Sparky insert

Header welds ground out

160 MJ, 60 PJ, A16A needle in 3rd position

Fuel screw 2 ¼ turns out

14t Front Sprocket

Moose Shift Lever

NGK Iridium Sparkplug

UNI air filter w/ Filterskins

1157 LED Taillight

55w H3 Headlight

Tugger Rear Lift Strap

Black Gripper Seat Cover (not yet installed)

Tusk Brake Saver (not yet installed)

Primary Drive Gold X-Ring Chain and sprockets (not yet installed)

I am probably forgetting some of the mods but please let me know what you feel I should be trying to get for the bike. As soon as I can make a final decision on selling and price I will put it up in the TT classifieds with updated pictures.

Thanks!

Paul

Dude, you gotta hold on to that thing! Someone will give you some cash for a wedding present and you will regret selling it. BTW, as someone that has been married for 13 yrs, if "she" is pressuring you to get rid of it and you give in, you set very dangerous precident. Just sayin...

Dude, you gotta hold on to that thing! Someone will give you some cash for a wedding present and you will regret selling it. BTW, as someone that has been married for 13 yrs, if "she" is pressuring you to get rid of it and you give in, you set very dangerous precident. Just sayin...

LOL, no she isn't pressuring me to sell! Actually she doesn't even know that I am considering selling it.

what he said!!! NOMB, of course!

Sorry, but I am a little slow, what is "NOMB"?

Sorry, but I am a little slow, what is "NOMB"?

HAHA, "None of my business":thumbsup:

That is a beautiful bike! If I had the extra doe I'd buy it. These bikes were going for what, 5400.00? I'd at least start out asking 4600.00 and go from there. But this bike would last U forever if U could hold on to it and ride it with your kids when they start riding. I bought a new '05 gasgas 450 with EFI last spring, but I'll never sell my xr440. Both great bikes with different personalities. The xr will always get U back. They are so bulletproof.

I've got 4 bikes but I'll never get rid of my xr4. Listen to every one else if you can afford to keep it. KEEP IT!!! You'll regret it later if you don't.

don't sell, i wouldnt.
Good advice - I didn't sell my 97 XR 250 after buying a new KTM 400 exc almost a year ago. Even though the KTM was light years better in suspension, power etc. I didn't even consider letting that trusty XR go. Long story short, got injured, sold the KTM (bummer) but still have a bike.................And it's still bulletproof and goes like hell.

Thanks for the replies guys. Deciding to sell the bike will certainly be a tough decision to make no doubt! Right now I am just trying to find out how much I should ask if the decision is made to sell her.