Sign in to follow this  

Setting up for aspahlt?

I am going to be competing in an upcoming road race for 450cc dirtbikes. Anyhow, I was wondering if some of you Supermoto guys could inform me on what I need to make my CRF450 ashpalt ready?

17" tires and wheels, 320mm rotor and new caliper(optional) relocation bracket will work too, lowered and stiffer suspention, you might want to get hand gaurds and axle sliders too, and you may have to wire tie bolts.oh and a catch can.

I am going to be competing in an upcoming road race for 450cc dirtbikes. Anyhow, I was wondering if some of you Supermoto guys could inform me on what I need to make my CRF450 ashpalt ready?

Set it up like a road race bike, fairly stiff, more rebound control and stink bug looking.

In other words get the weight biased forward some so that when you are railing the corners neutral (neither on or off the gas) there is some weight forward.

Since you will not be taking it in the dirt this will serve you well to keep some feel in the front end which these things lack right off the bat.

Depending on what tires you run start somewhere just south of 20 lbs of pressure front and rear and work out from there.