Sign in to follow this  

Need Help Fast

Hey...

I posted in the correct place, but it does not get looked at enough. I am on spring break and need to get it fixed before I leave...6 days.

Any advice is appreciated.

2002 300ex here and my sister rode it today and brought it back broke. It starts fine, sprokets are fine along with the chain. I put it in gear and let out on the clutch and nothing happens...

Any one have an idea what it may be?

?

Clutch basket and springs need to be replaced?

No it does not kill the engine...

I can start the bike, shift down into first, let the clutch out and nothing happens...

Got a rough guestimate of a price range to fix it and or part that will be needed?

Does the chain move, if so your differential is toast, an axle is broken or a wheel hub is stripped. Start it, put it in gear, let out the clutch and see whats moving (if anything) and let us know.

False neutral :applause:

slipping clutch is what it seems. Take off te clutch plate, and see if there is anything wrong.

NOthing moves when in gear... The guy at the place we rode at told me its the clutch... but I wanted to see what others had to say by a discription and or if anyone else had the same problem before... Would a clutch kit fix it.

happened to me about a 2 months ago on my dirtbike, i would put it into gear, and give it gas, she would move about an inch a second, if she moved at all, i had fried my clutch, i put a barnett into er and she is pearl now, it cost me 125 for the clutch which came with springs, friction and steel plates, which is all you need besides a gasket, if you get it done at a shop, it wont take more than an hour, so it wont be too too much, my local shop charges 75 per hour, which i think is nuts, but i work on mine....

• Like 1

Thanks for the help... seems to be the same problem... Have to figure it out on my own I suppose... IF it comes apart, must go back together eh?

thanks fellas

Get your owner`s book out

The one that tells me to always wear a helmet and to change the oil often... Ya, didnt think that would help too much. But thanks for being a smart ass:thumbsup:

The one that tells me to always wear a helmet and to change the oil often... Ya, didnt think that would help too much. But thanks for being a smart ass:thumbsup:

do you have a shop that is close to you, cause im sure they wouldnt charge too much, but i will sum it up for you, once your clutch cover is off you take off they pressure plate bolts, than the springs will come out, take the pressure plate off than you take the friction plates and fiber plates off, once they are all out put in your new plates starting with a fiber, than a metal plate, and keep going in that order (fiber, metal, fiber metal... and you will end up with a fiber at the end. put the perssure plate back on, new springs in, and bolt er back all up, oh yea, soak your new plates in the oil your going to use in your trans while your taking everything off :applause::eek: