Sign in to follow this  

Thinking on respringing, should I revalve too??

I want to install stiffer springs into my 04 drz400s because it bottoms out even when I hit a rock, is this something I can do on my own?? Will I notice a difference with just springs and no revalve?? I weigh about 200 with gear and I ride desert and trails. Any feedback will be awesome!:applause:

If you decide to go with just springs for now I would talk to the person you plan on doing the re-vavle and get the springs he recommends.

How about going stiffer on the rear compression? A slight adjustment makes a world of difference. Try that before you go spending all that money.

Ya I was actually planning on doing the rear shock at the same time as the front, the real reason I was going to do only springs and no revalve because the DRZ is so undersprung from the factory set up for a 160-170lbs rider and I'm about 200 with gear and also because the local suspension shop wanted $700 to revalve and spring front and back.

If you want to save some $$ change the oil while you have the shock off. I am just about to do mine and it is easy. Some shock guys say to take the shock apart, but you can just change it through the compression adjuster. Then have someonoe refill the nitrgen for 20.00.