Sign in to follow this  

05 - 07 YZ 125 magnetic drain plugs -

I have tried twice now two different brands to get a magnetic drain plug for my YZ and both times they have been to large.

First one I tried I got from pit posse it definetly wasn't going to work it was like trying to put a 14mm bolt into a 12mm hole. Nope maybe on the older motor definetly not the new one. Sent them back got my money back on that I thought I try some of the TM design works ones now I got these from motosports outlet I don't blame TM desing works for this error. Again the bolt was to big this time it was closer cept the threads where just to big, qwick refference on TM design works website and it looks like they stopped making them awhile ago I think I got some NOS parts here. I yet to try on on my YZ 250 but the pit posse one didn't fit on both bikes.

Man how hard can it be to get just a simple magnetic drain plug at least one that fits. Comparing part #'s yamaha definetly changed the drain plug it was down sized in like '04. Both places list the part fits the newer bikes obviously I have found out otherwise who else makes them?

With my 04yz250 I used the Moose magnetic drain plug and it worked.

It was a 14mm head instead of the 12 mm head but worked.

Hope this helps.

I bought a Magnetic Drain plug off of Ebay and it in a Factory Yamaha bag sealed, and it wouldnt fit my bike at all, i had to grind the magnet off. I screwed it up in there very carefully the first time cause it looked too long and sure enough it hit the inside of the tranny and broke the magnet off. Luckily it just stuck to itself and didnt fall in my tranny.

I'm not positive about this but I think a four stroke YZ250F drain plug fits the newer YZ125. I'm going to get one soon as well.

^^^^^^^^The blue one has a mag in it aswell all righ from yamaha Tip copy the part# num and hit other dealers on the net to get the best price this is who I use cheper then the link above http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/parts/home.aspx

I think the fact it's 250F now might be correct since it wouldn't be the first part that was shared. front sprocket n clutch pressure plate.

Yes I know about south sound yamaha it's pretty local for me I ordered quite a bit from them recently but the new yamaha dealer 6 miles away said they would match them 40 miles vs 6 miles if I have to drive there not pay shipping. :applause: