Sign in to follow this  

Need Help Choosing a Slip-on Silencer

Hi all,

I am contemplating three silencers for my KX450:

White Brothers E2

Yoshimura RS-2

Big Gun Evo X

Any feedback that anyone might have towards these products, or any reccomendations on any other silencers would be appreciated.

I have the WB E2. I race for the most part, so all my time has been with the insert out. I only have about 3 or 4 hours on it, but really like the power delivery. Low end is the same, the power has been spread out, with the biggest increase in over-rev. If your looking for more low end this is not the pipe for you, like I said, it stayed the same.

The only thing you will notice with the E2 is the length. That sucker is long, but does muffle sound greatly in comparison to some aftermarket pipes. With the insert in, the bike is extra quite, I believe they state 96db, which is friendly to the ears.

Hope this helps...

Hey VetMX808, thanks for the info. I was leaning towards the E2, but I should of stated my mission when I first posted. I am looking to quiet my bike down as much as possible. The places where I ride are near neighborhoods and right now, I am the loudest bike riding, which draws tooo much attention.

Anyhow, one question about your E2, does the quiet insert come with the pipe or do you have to purchase it in addition to the pipe ( I think that is the case with the yosh)?

Anybody else have any feedback on the the other pipes I am considering?

I actually won a DMC pro quiet 4 from dirt rider mag and that really made my bike quiet. But since I only race, i chopped it to a shorty, now its loud and very powerful.

I wouldnt run any of the ones you have choosen. From spending countless time at the track, i have seen all these mufflers break due to poor welds, specially FMF. In my opinnion the best exhaust out there, and why do you need it, if your looking for the best bang for your buck is the leo vince.

But if youve got a hole burrning in your pocket, you would be better off with some insurance on the bike. Many people dont understand that homeowners and auto insurance typically do not cover dirt bikes. So if your bike gets stold, your screw'd. Just my 2 cents though....

Yes is does come with the interchangeable insert. You can also purchase different size rings (inserts) to even quiet the bike down even more.

I've run them all...In testing:

Yosh, FMF, DRD and Big Gun -ALL- made great power/torque...it's the torque curve that ya want to look at.

What's on my bikes currently?

Racer = Yosh Ti/Carbon '07 4-Speed

Off-Road = FMF Mega Ti/Carbon

You could always call the guys at MDK Speed Equipment and get some informed info. Heck, read-up in Dirt Rider...they're kinda sticklers for quiet; yet, the real answers can be found in Jimmy's opinions of how they work on the track or off-road.

I wouldnt run any of the ones you have choosen. From spending countless time at the track, i have seen all these mufflers break due to poor welds, specially FMF. In my opinnion the best exhaust out there, and why do you need it, if your looking for the best bang for your buck is the leo vince.

But if youve got a hole burrning in your pocket, you would be better off with some insurance on the bike. Many people dont understand that homeowners and auto insurance typically do not cover dirt bikes. So if your bike gets stold, your screw'd. Just my 2 cents though....

I don't suppose ANYONE saw the muffler fall off of Jake Marsack's bike (#79) at A-2? The Leo Vince mounting bracket gave out and made him go backwards realllly quick...he did make the Main, tho.

We run the DMC I was skeptical, but this thing broadened the power out, very noticable system, Deep tone too, well worth the money, works great with stock headpipe, fit and finish is spot on