Sign in to follow this  

Troy Meddow's, Kenedy Meddow's ?

Has anyone/ does anyone ride up there? Ive been up there to go fishing and hiking but havent taken my bike up there. Do you guys know when all the snow disappear enough to go riding up there? I live in Lake Arrowhead and ive hear its simalar terain but a LOT MORE of it.

Do a quick search, there are tons of threads discussing the KM area. I know there were a few ride writeups done last summer that can give you a good idea of what to expect.

Has anyone/ does anyone ride up there? Ive been up there to go fishing and hiking but havent taken my bike up there. Do you guys know when all the snow disappear enough to go riding up there? I live in Lake Arrowhead and ive hear its simalar terain but a LOT MORE of it.

We ride up there several times a year. It's AWESOME if you like single track.

If you camp it's still pretty cold :applause: at night and early Morning until about mid June.

I love it up there a great place to ride. And yes I'd say it's kind of like riding in the SBNF only better. Memorial Day is the earliest that it opens it just depends on how much snow they've gotten up there.

I think i might have to plan a trip up there for a couple weeks after Mamorial Day then. Thanks for the info and ill see you all on the trails!!!

Memorial day weekend is a typical opening weekend.

Yea, what Russ said! :applause:

I will be working with the FS again this year to break the snow and remove downed trees from the trails before the trails get opened officially and I will be looking for volunteers, any takers?? :eek:

It will be in early May depending on how much snow is still on the ground and it will be for the most part very easy. Just ride the trails they want you to ride and remove any trees blocking the way. By breaking the crust of the snow, more like ice actually, will speed up the melting process.

See you there! :lol:

Yea, what Russ said! :applause:

I will be working with the FS again this year to break the snow and remove downed trees from the trails before the trails get opened officially and I will be looking for volunteers, any takers?? :eek:

It will be in early May depending on how much snow is still on the ground and it will be for the most part very easy. Just ride the trails they want you to ride and remove any trees blocking the way. By breaking the crust of the snow, more like ice actually, will speed up the melting process.

See you there! :lol:

Jeff, funny you mention volunteering, I spoke with Bill or Bob??? yesterday about coming up to help, looks like I'll be joining you up there for early season trail maint!!

Jeff, funny you mention volunteering, I spoke with Bill or Bob??? yesterday about coming up to help, looks like I'll be joining you up there for early season trail maint!!

It's Bob and he is one hell of a nice guy and he can ride that XR250 like there is no tomorrow! And that is with a chainsaw mounted to it and a 25lb backpack! :applause:

I will keep you in the loop and THANKS for the offer of your help. BTW can't wait for Saturday afternoon! Woo Hoo! :eek::lol: :lol:

Hey guys and gals, I just got a PM from somebody asking "what do I need to bring for the trail maintenance?" Here is the list of what you will need for those of you who might be interested:

Your bike.

Yourself.

Your riding gear.

Work gloves, riding gloves won't last long moving trees etc.

Water.

A lunch or snacks to eat.

And of course a willingness to do what we do best, RIDE! That and a willingness to do a little work at the same time.

The FS really needs our help again this year as they got ZERO dollars for trail maintenance in the Kern Plateau and without our help they could just close our favorite trails and not think a thing about it. :lol: :lol:

Thank you everyone and I will post a message when the time gets near and I get some dates from Bob at the USFS. :applause::eek:

You should call and talk to the man as he needs to send paperwork for you to fill out. He told me to call May 1st.

I called

Kern River Ranger District - Kernville Office

105 Whitney Road

P.O. Box 9

Kernville, CA 93238

760-376-3781

FAX 760-376-3795

TDD Available

Monday through Saturday, 8:00am - 4:30pm

The last time we did this he had the forms with him and we filled them out right on the spot. When I spoke to Bob yesterday he did not mention the forms so I would not worry to much about it.

See you on the trails!!

I just thought about it the other day.... what is the "Sticker" laws up there? are they stricked on the NO RED STICKER thing or is it like Arrowhead and they dont really hassle you unless your doing somthing you REALLY shouldnt be doing? What are the red sticker dates anyway? Ive never had a problem with it so i never bothered to remember them.

I just thought about it the other day.... what is the "Sticker" laws up there? are they stricked on the NO RED STICKER thing or is it like Arrowhead and they dont really hassle you unless your doing somthing you REALLY shouldnt be doing? What are the red sticker dates anyway? Ive never had a problem with it so i never bothered to remember them.

No restrictions up there. It is red sticker season all year.

I wanna volunteer....

do they have a max on trail crew volunteers??

Thank you for your offer, I will take you up on it! :applause: There is no max that I am aware of and if we get enough people to show up we will break into 2 groups so we can work more trails.

I will make another post when the time gets near. :eek::lol:

Thank you for your offer, I will take you up on it! :bonk: There is no max that I am aware of and if we get enough people to show up we will break into 2 groups so we can work more trails.

I will make another post when the time gets near. :naughty::D

Jeff,

I'm here in RC and have ridden many of those trails and many that have been closed. I have for the past 10 years assisted with Sherman Jeep trail and would be more than happy to help with the single track. I have a couple of friends that said they'd help also.

BTW - Ranger Bob is a great guy and definately is OHV friendly!!