Sign in to follow this  

SSR B2 stiff clutch... Anyone else?

Got my SSR B2 Pro about 3 weeks ago and since the first day the clutch has been super dificult to pull. It's to the point where my left arm is dead and by my side at the end of the day.

Anyway, I have checked for binding and lubed the cable. I took off the clutch cover to see how the whole set up worked and didn't see anything that looked to be out of place. The only thing that I can think is that I simply need a softer spring for inside of the housing? Maybe it just needs to broken in more and then it will loosen up? Maybe I just need to use my left hand more often?

Rode my neighbor's Pitster witht the GPX and the clutch was like butter. Soo nice compaired to mine.

Anyone else experienced this?

I've got a B2 Plus (same motor and clutch perch setup) and haven't experienced any problems at all. I would've suggested that you try a cable luber but it sounds like you've already done that...

It came routed already. I just had to put the lever on out of the box. I've moved the linkage right at the engine and right there it feels really difficult too. Obviously without pulling on the lever at the bars and just moving it at the engine you won't have much leverage but it did feel exponentially tougher to move.

Yeah, I haven't had any problems with mine either. The pull isn't easy, but it isn't hard either. What about trying a hydro clutch? Would that help? :applause: