Sign in to follow this  

Nor Cal 150/230 ride

Heybuddy1901 and I were messaging talking about a group Nor Cal ride. Everybody lets work on some calender dates and locations. Could be a fun get together.

Who is into working on this, lets hear from you.:applause:

I would love to get away from the office. how far north are we talkin. I'm in SO CAL/OC

My favorites are Georgetown, Foresthill and Stonyford. These could be quite a drive for some to the foothills above and to the East of Sacramento. So I am quite flexible. Coffee I have read has rode most of these places and can attest to the quality of trails to make it worth a drive for those in outlying areas. But again I am open to anywhere, I have never rode at Carnegie.

Hey I would love to come on out. It's probably only a couple of thousand miles. Sometimes it really sucks living up here in the middle of nowhere. :eek: Now if you guys ever decide to come up here I'll be happy to host the gang at my cottage!:applause:

Come on up

Ive seen your ride post Id love too one day,next time I get a chance Ill let you know...

My favorites are Georgetown, Foresthill and Stonyford. These could be quite a drive for some to the foothills above and to the East of Sacramento. So I am quite flexible. Coffee I have read has rode most of these places and can attest to the quality of trails to make it worth a drive for those in outlying areas. But again I am open to anywhere, I have never rode at Carnegie.

You rang?

If people are coming from far away Stony is the place and worth the drive. Forrest Hill is ok but don't care for how crowded the trails are on the weekends - esp those ohvs that are wider than dirt bikes.

Carnegie is fun for me because it is close and has its own charm - but would not recommend driving a huge distance ($) to get there. If you are in the Sacramento area at some point you should check it out though....

Post up the dates & locations of the crf230 get together - don't come in the crf230 section often so feel free to PM if I miss it. Found this by scanning the "latest posts"...

Prarie City has a couple tracks and some ok trails but i know the 230 is not made for tracks and Bear Resavor has some nice long trails. i rode my xr 80 at Carnegie once and have been wantin to go bak ever since and im only a couple hours away in Jackson

carnagie is 15 min away MAX for me

and i really dont have the weekend time to drive up and camp overnight either =\

so it would have to be some place decently close (100 miles or so)

I generally search out the tight technical trails, but PC might be the easiest place to get together. Lets see who else gets into this. I would rather travel to Carnegie then run around in circles at PC.

I generally search out the tight technical trails, but PC might be the easiest place to get together. Lets see who else gets into this. I would rather travel to Carnegie then run around in circles at PC.

come on out! we got some tight technical stuff but most of them can be ridden in 3rd gear, lots of hills too

i tend to stick to the green circles, blue squares

but once i found myself on a black diamond =X not fun, lol

+1,000,000,000

Hollister Hills OHV, Call the Park and reserve Area 5/ Upper Ranch for a private group. 4 hours from LA (SoCal) and 2 1/2 from Sacto.

This is where they hold round one of the AMA national Hare Scrambles series as well as a TT/GP track and Vintage (old school) motocross, Engines Only holds their annual invitational xr100 off road ride here to.

http://www.hollisterhills.com/

hollister gets VERY VERY VERY crowded on weekends

and it would cost alot to reserve it wouldn't it??

but they have some awesome one way trails there =D

Ever think about Clear Creek? A bit primitive but a whole lot more than Hollister. Maybe 3.5 hours from bay area & Sacramento, about the same from the grape vine / LA.

In entirely depends on who is going....

Ever think about Clear Creek? A bit primitive but a whole lot more than Hollister. Maybe 3.5 hours from bay area & Sacramento, about the same from the grape vine / LA.

In entirely depends on who is going....

i may be able to do that...

if we meet at like 10 or 11

but thats still 7 hrs of driving =\

I would drive for 3 hrs if it suited a lot of other peoples needs but would prefer not to. Unless somebody has a better idea, lets shoot for Carnegie. Maybe if this post hangs out for a couple of days we can get some more Nor Cal riders into and start looking at some dates.

I would drive for 3 hrs if it suited a lot of other peoples needs but would prefer not to. Unless somebody has a better idea, lets shoot for Carnegie. Maybe if this post hangs out for a couple of days we can get some more Nor Cal riders into and start looking at some dates.

next weekend works for me

i know that me, and coffee are really close to carnagie so we could prob. both make it if the dates work out and you and your son so thats 4, ill cross post this thread on crfsonly