Sign in to follow this  

DRZ "E" Suspension question: fine-tuning

folks

with your help I've gotten the 02 DRZ E dialed in pretty sweet for my weight. it is much better offroad now, and I'm down to just one question, suspension-wise: What frontend adjustment responds to small bumps on smooth pavement? like a ripple in the asphalt, an object like a stick or something, breaks in the asphalt. What I'm experiencing is a "busy" or nervous front wheel. It seems to always be jumpy on pavement and the faster you go the more quick, fast reaction you get to small things. its fine on serious big dips or potholes :applause: . just the small stuff seems to over-stimulate

??

and, i'm really ignorant, so tell me which screw where.... and which way to bump it

thx

z

hey i searched and i found this thread, I know its old but im having the same problem, does any buddy have any suggestions on what might help

folks

with your help I've gotten the 02 DRZ E dialed in pretty sweet for my weight. it is much better offroad now, and I'm down to just one question, suspension-wise: What frontend adjustment responds to small bumps on smooth pavement? like a ripple in the asphalt, an object like a stick or something, breaks in the asphalt. What I'm experiencing is a "busy" or nervous front wheel. It seems to always be jumpy on pavement and the faster you go the more quick, fast reaction you get to small things. its fine on serious big dips or potholes :moon: . just the small stuff seems to over-stimulate

??

and, i'm really ignorant, so tell me which screw where.... and which way to bump it

thx

z

listen .. its hard to give you the exact advice because i dont know where you are in regards to valving , oil viscosity and levels , comp and rebound settings and spring rates .

BUT .. my advice is to start to back the rebound adjuster off , find a location where you can test and back off the adjuster at the top of the fork .

try 2 clicks at a time , make sure that the comp and rebound adjusters are set evenly . example 10 clicks out on each leg for example only .