610 jetting

I think i'm too rich on my pilot circuit.

my '94 has the del'orto carburetor. I'm only 1/2 a turn out on the fuel screw. The pilot is a 62 right now.

I'd ask George, but it's right after the race. He is probably busy and tired.

Are JD kits available for a bike this old?

If not certain - I don't post. Never had that bike, carb, or anything close.

Perhaps you could PM George with a link to this thread? It would let him know about the question, not bother him until he had time to answer, and since it is a thread instead of a private correspondence - others may find this information useful in the future.

Best of luck :applause: I am cheering you on!

I understand about the posting. I can see why you wouldn't want to give advice you were not certain about. However, since you have experience with Husky jetting, I thought you might be able to tell me about what you discovered with yours. Not so much about my specifice issue, but the method you used to determine if you were too lean/rich, etc...

Thanks for the tips:applause:

Also- the engine seems to run flawlessly at all speeds but idle. I think my main jet is all right for the time being. Throttle response is snappy, crisp, and aggressive. At high rpm, the thing sounds very clean-revving and not bogged at all.

It's just this idling thing. The temperature in this area has been changing dramatically, so it is probably playing quite a role in this situation. It was over 50 degrees when this problem happened.

Well ok - there is a sticky at the top of the jetting forum regarding pilot circuit adjustments written by eddie.

My bike needs less fuel when the weather gets warmer. "How much choke does an engine need to start cold" has always been a good indication for me - even with outboard motors.

Thought my bike was a bit rich when it needed no choke to start cold. Another indication was how wet the plug was. What really clued me in was when I reached down and pulled out the choke when the bike was cold and while it started fine - what I had actually pulled on was the Hot Start....

thanks.

I will definitely consult the jetting thread again. I should also refine my questions.

Does anyone know where I can get a jet kit?

I know the engine needs to be leaner (can run with fuel screw 1/8th of a turn out), and I know my pilot jet should be smaller...