Sign in to follow this  

2006 Starts too easy?

I have about 30 Hours on my 06. Everything in the motor is original never been opened except to check valves that are in spec.

Maybe I have just got the procedure down super good now or something, but the bike always starts first kick. When it was newer, I sometimes had to kick it 2-3 times. Also either my leg has gotten stronger, or there is less compression when kicking.

This may sound silly, because it is, but could anything be wrong, like I have lost compression, or the decompression release has changed or something?

I would check the Dcomp clearance.. if that is still withn spec, then maybe your legs are massive now from riding that beast..

my bike has less then 4 hours on it and its a 2006 YZ450F and i start that with one kick everytime, i think iv had to kick more then once maybe 2 or 3 times...

not sure but might be that your good at it?

what you should do is screw up the jetting, over pay your income taxes...or better yet, just send all your money to me, with your bike. I'll fix it so it wont start for the first 5 or 6 kicks no matter what...

As long as you feel better...Im just looking out for ya...:applause:

what you should do is screw up the jetting, over pay your income taxes...or better yet, just send all your money to me, with your bike. I'll fix it so it wont start for the first 5 or 6 kicks no matter what...

As long as you feel better...Im just looking out for ya...:applause:

ditto!

My 06 is new to me from original owner and has about 40hrs ride time..I give it one twist of the gas, choke on and starts in one kick..idles pefrectly.

Whats your procedure? I am in So Ca btw

If it is cold, I give one twist to the throttle choke and braap, starts. If its medium warm, no choke and braap. I race a lot of GP's with dead engine starts and this starting too good problem usually results in a great start.

If it is hot, I make sure its in nutural, pull in the hot start and braap.

I had a KX500 for a few years and if it started first kick something was wrong. Im going to stop doing squats at the gym for a while and see if that helps. If not I may recruit my wife to start it, maybee she will make me feel better by having to kick it a few times.

my O2 starts on the last kick everytime.

As long as you feel better...Im just looking out for ya...:eek:

I was racing through this one, trying to get in the first smartazz answer and you beat me to it! BTW, I make too much money at work, what should I do?:applause:

I have a harder time starting my dang 125 than I do my 450. That little bikes kicker is about as small as a pit bikes!

as small as what?