Sign in to follow this  

S Kickstart kit

26300-29811

There is only one kick start kit. It will work on the S just fine. The decomp lever assy will be left over as you can't use it on the S without drilling the head.

26300-29811

There is only one kick start kit. It will work on the S just fine. The decomp lever assy will be left over as you can't use it on the S without drilling the head.

Yep... Hotcams by mistake gave me an 'E' head instead of an 'S' (when they agreed to replace it) which has the hole for the decomp. I believe that's the only difference in the heads.

how would it be for starting then without the decomp. lever? too difficult? or is it not too bad?

It was so hard for me that I went from a Hotcams stage 2 exhaust cam without the auto decomp (more powerrrrrr!) to the stage 1 ex cam with auto decomp (less powerrrrrr?). What good is more power if I can't start the dang bike? I had two batteries that couldn't start it. My stock Yuasa, which is old couldn't do it. I couldn't kick it. Two of my riding buddies, big boys too, couldn't kick it, even using every TDC trick in the book. With auto decomp, the old, nearly dead stock Yuasa battery cranks it right up. I can kick it now. Even if I could have kicked it up before on the sidestand on asphalt, I've stalled in some pretty crazy places where a sidestand is useless and the easier it is to kick, the better. As Eddie said about no decomp, "It will reveal a questionable battery."

I've saved the stage 2 cam in case I come across an old "E" head that will allow me to use the manual decomp assembly.

Doesnt seem like the general concensus on the kit? Seems to work easily for most.