Sign in to follow this  

what kind of front fender is this????

I was just looking at microfiche and I can't figure out which model and year offered the black. Any thoughts mx_rob

You won't find a stock Yamaha YZ fender in black, at least not that I'm aware of anyway. But the after market Acerbis, UFO, etc. will offer different colors than just the stock colors. :applause:

You won't find a stock Yamaha YZ fender in black, at least not that I'm aware of anyway. But the after market Acerbis, UFO, etc. will offer different colors than just the stock colors. :applause:

that was my guess as well. thanks for the confirmation. :eek:

just mounted my stock fender from my 06 YZ250F on my DR. Looks sweet but the curvature isnt quite right in the back. most of the backside needs trimmed to clear the oil cooler. ill post pic tomorrow if i remember.

Chris

just mounted my stock fender from my 06 YZ250F on my DR. Looks sweet but the curvature isnt quite right in the back. most of the backside needs trimmed to clear the oil cooler. ill post pic tomorrow if i remember.

Chris

I'd love to see a pic. :applause: I found out from a guy on advrider that he had to use spacers in the rear to get the curvature right.

Fender? What the heck is powering those lights? Mini-reactor?

Fender? What the heck is powering those lights? Mini-reactor?

Ohh you-ed be ok as long as you keep it above 5000RPM or more :applause:

Please dont pass judgement shes a work in progress

:eek:

frontsmall.jpgfendersmall.jpg

-chris

YZDR you made your own head pipe! :applause: I haven't made a complete exhaust system since my Norton road racing days in the Battle of the Twins class! I WILL pass judgement... you are even more awesome than before!

RaceNorton.jpg

fendersmall.jpg

Wow you really did have to hack the rear pretty short. I am going to try to use spacers to angle the rear down some. Who knows if it will work.

The front looks great, I love the YZ fender. Thanks for posting the pics

ya the welds arent that pretty... took me a while to get the welder set up for stainless. butt welds suck also with such thin metal and high wire speed.

in the next couple weeks im gonna clean up the welds and then ceramic coat the pipe. i used my old DR.D pipe from my 06 yz250F and an old YOSH can from a gixxer. you cant really tell from the pics but the pipe actually steps up in size three times before it hits the Can.

ROB--- btw, AT SEA LEVEL my DJ needle in 3rd clip, wide open airbox, that pipe and DJ 170 main was still pig rich. i popped in a mik 152.5 today and its a lil better, but im still not happy yet. :applause:

I hated the stock fender and decided to pop that one on because it was just laying around. i like the look but im not sure about how short it is in the rear. still havent gotten to ride enough yet.

-chris

I really dig this fender and I can't seem to figure out what kind it is.

1535323-M.jpg

I think that bike belongs to a guy on adventure rider called Burren Rider. Give him a shout and see what it's from. It's a sweet DR.

Dave