Possibly moving to Colorado...info pls.

Hey, im currently a resident of Southern California, and im sick of it. Im considering moving out to Colorado. Because I am a IT related person, I need to stick close to where the IT jobs are. What are some nice areas to live in? Keep in mind id like to spend less than $250k for a house.

By the way, in SoCal, a 2-bed 2 bath 1 car garage "fixer upper" goes for about $500k. Its out of control.

Hey, im currently a resident of Southern California, and im sick of it. Im considering moving out to Colorado. Because I am a IT related person, I need to stick close to where the IT jobs are. What are some nice areas to live in? Keep in mind id like to spend less than $250k for a house.

By the way, in SoCal, a 2-bed 2 bath 1 car garage "fixer upper" goes for about $500k. Its out of control.

dont come to eagle county then. looks like denver for you.

dont come to eagle county then. looks like denver for you.

Sorry, Im not familiar with where Eagle Country is, or how that is significant.

Also, I know I will need to stay close to Denver, but I dont mind a 30 min commute in order to live closer to the mountains. I did grow up in Mammoth Lakes, which is a ski resort, so snow doesnt bug me. :applause:

There is a concentration of larger business, telco's, cable co's and software companies all over denver and boulder (35 min NW of denver). You could really live anywhere and be within 45 min of work and probably much closer than that. All of these firms hire lots of IT people. Your best bet for a nice set-up in the $250K range will might be one of the many new subdivisions popping up north and east of down town denver, but I think $275 is the median home price so you will probably find good options in your price range in established neighborhoods closer to town as well.

There is a concentration of larger business, telco's, cable co's and software companies all over denver and boulder (35 min NW of denver). You could really live anywhere and be within 45 min of work and probably much closer than that. All of these firms hire lots of IT people. Your best bet for a nice set-up in the $250K range will might be one of the many new subdivisions popping up north and east of down town denver, but I think $275 is the median home price so you will probably find good options in your price range in established neighborhoods closer to town as well.

Thanks a bunch for the post. I appreciate the positive input! Makes me feel like I can do this! :applause:

Hopefully if I move out there, you locals can take me to all the nice riding spots!:eek:

Colorado has bacome Californicated. The "front range" is just So Cal reincarnated. Traffic, smog, crowds, etc. It is no longer the nice place it once was. the rest of Colorado is following in rapidly. Try someplace else! PLEASE!

Haha, I understand what you are saying. I am not a SoCal local though. I grew up in a small ski resort with a population of 3000 people and four stop signs. And an elevation of 8,000 feet. Now Mammoth Lakes is a min socal full of rude people.

I feel confident in saying that I would not bring a SoCal mentality with me.

Thanks for the words of encouragement though.

Ithink Colorado springs is prety tech oriented. plus you can buy a hella house (250k) In pueblo west(I paid 125k and have 2600sqft and have 1.6 acre) and only have a 30-40 min commute to anywhere in springs. and an hour away from riding. Plus Pueblo is a small town 100,000 .

Actually we could use all the OFFROAD MOTORCYCLE RIDERS, DIRT BIKERS we can get. By the very nature of anyone that rides offroad, they cannot embrace that rabid "green" mentality.

We are getting a little crowded, but still have room for like minded people, as we are out-numbered by the mindless "tree huggin dirt eaters".

Longmont, Loveland is fine. Boulder is beautiful, but living there will make you want to live in Kansas. Denver offers anything you could want (if you can stand a big city). There are a couple of Fabs in Colorado Springs. Between boulder and Denver, there is a lot of tech buisnesses (Interlocken). Seagate, Amgen, Maxtor, AMD, all have facilities in Longmont (some are consolidated now, though). Agillent, HP are in Loveland...You'll find a job.

You can get a decent house in Longmont in a nice area for 200 to 250 (1800-2500sq. ft.). Check out http://www.coloproperty.com

Good luck

Ever thought about GRAND JUNCTION?

I would personally stay in CA because that is where i'm from and the tracks are unbeatable, but look into a town called grand junction

i dont ride track. Im more of an off-road guy:thumbsup: . :applause:

I will check out Grand Junction though. Thanks for the info!!

Colorado Springs is great if you can get past the bible thumpers. A pretty diverse economy but growing rapidly with all of the military. Lots of jobs with Government support contractors. I personally live in Woodland Park about 20minutes from colorado springs in the mountains. Elevation 8500ft and miles and miles of off-road trails right out my door.

i dont ride track. Im more of an off-road guy:thumbsup: . :applause:

I will check out Grand Junction though. Thanks for the info!!

Now for the bad news...lots of us like trail riding as well, but for a good part of the year, pretty much all the "good stuff" is under snow.

Check out the Yampa Valley Medical Center web site. The have an opening for an IT person. It is in Steamboat Springs. Kind of pricey but you can find decent housing 30 minutes west of town in your price range. Still has that small town feel but growing. (mostly explanted Californians with an attitude though, sorry)