Sign in to follow this  

oil change

How much oil are you guys putting in the 06 rmz450 and how are you telling if it is full or if you are running low..

that's a great question. i have an 06 rmz 450 and have changed oil 3 times in accordance with the service manual. not one time did oil flow out the weep hole when the screw was removed. 1500ml with filter change and 3 min warm up at idle, 2 min off, bike level, remove screw. no oil.

added more oil sorry i didn't measure how much,

repeat above steps still no oil, so i added good bit more oil, repeat above steps this time got oil. i let it bleed untill it was a very very small trickle.

i don't under stand why 1500 didn't yield oil as manual said. wonder if this is why so many bad threads on this bike? could low oil be the cause of so many bearing failures? i'm going with the oil hole not the 1500ml. also now using all synthetic oil

I have used Mobile 1 gold cap 10-40 in both sides of my CRF, is taht ok to use in My RMZ?

that's a great question. i have an 06 rmz 450 and have changed oil 3 times in accordance with the service manual. not one time did oil flow out the weep hole when the screw was removed. 1500ml with filter change and 3 min warm up at idle, 2 min off, bike level, remove screw. no oil.

added more oil sorry i didn't measure how much,

repeat above steps still no oil, so i added good bit more oil, repeat above steps this time got oil. i let it bleed untill it was a very very small trickle.

i don't under stand why 1500 didn't yield oil as manual said. wonder if this is why so many bad threads on this bike? could low oil be the cause of so many bearing failures? i'm going with the oil hole not the 1500ml. also now using all synthetic oil

I do the same. Still had a lower end failure though. Bike alsways seemed to use a bit oil between rides. Hasn't since rebuild though.

have the same thing here, always seem to have to ad extra oil to get it to come out oil level hole (located on clutch cover next to water pump). owners manual also talks about TDC plug? any ideas what is this for?