Sign in to follow this  

bleeder hole question

Somehow after I changed my fork fluid I noticed that my fork caps are turned 180 degrees from where I want them. I can't just turn the tubes because my pretty Factory Connection stickers would be backwards. What can I do? I can't bleed the air with them on the other side (towards the rear). This is the first time I have seen this. Can I loosen the fork cap 1/2 turn?

I just don't get how everything is tightened and the bleeders are 180 the other way.:applause:

lol - take them back off and put the left on the right and vice versa

Let me guess I switched fork cap assemblies? If so can I swap the caps without having to disassemble and bleed the ICs?

You have something backwards, tubes or caps. lol, doesn't that suck?

If so can I swap the caps without having to disassemble and bleed the ICs?

:applause: I thought everything would be interchangeable anyway. There are plenty of threads on the fork cap. I am thinking I will just back it out a half turn. There is no way that thing will loosen once the triple clamps are tightened.

:applause: I thought everything would be interchangeable anyway. There are plenty of threads on the fork cap. I am thinking I will just back it out a half turn. There is no way that thing will loosen once the triple clamps are tightened.

There`s no way they can leak due to the o-ring. Buut, water will get inside and even though the water will remain on the topside of the o-rings it may cause some type of corrosion. Next time you take them apart the o-rings may be damaged on the way "out".

Also, nothing is scarier than a binding fork cap, going in or out:eek: :eek: !!!

Better redo them along with re-bleeding. Better safe then sorry:ride:

Wasn't the fork cap assemblies. It was the entire inner chambers so at lesast I didn't have to bleed them again. Lesson learned - don't mix them up.

On a side note- What is the concensus on the IC bleeding? I know they are bled and the last bit of extension isn't there. Is it because of the IC springs not being able to push the last bit? I know there was discussion of this with differing opinions.

I know they are bled and the last bit of extension isn't there. Is it because of the IC springs not being able to push the last bit?

no, it's because there's still air in the chamber, ie you have to bleed them again

if these are showa foks then you should be able to get full extension with proper bleeding, but if kyb, they are a nightmare to get full extension, and if you how to get it without drilling etc, then post it please :applause::eek:

i agree you must rebleed fully after removing the ic valve.

Then what do you make of John's comments. I thought of this thread when I was bleeding them.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169434&highlight=damper+rod+extending

Happens almost everytime. Push it in 100mm like in the manual and it kicks out all the way but after full compression it won't always come back fully- yet sometimes it does- that's the funny part. The forks always feel good though:excuseme:

Call FC and get some fresh stickies. If the forks were do for an oil change the stickers probabaly need freshened up as well....:applause:

:applause: So John is your opinion still the same on the ICs as it was in the thread I pasted in the first page? The entire ICs needed to be switched- not the base valve assemlies.