Sign in to follow this  

New to Honda's have a couple of CRF100 Questions

First off thanks for answering these dumb questions.

1) What is that little nipple under the air box? It was covered with a plastic piece and clipped with a clamp, I took the plastic off and it looks like it is a breather of some sort for the intake.

2) Are there anti-smog devices on this bike that you can take off for better performance? The second part of that question is what is the best thing you can do for the bike to improve power?

Thanks guys, bear with my Honda Newbieness.:applause:

First off thanks for answering these dumb questions.

1) What is that little nipple under the air box? It was covered with a plastic piece and clipped with a clamp, I took the plastic off and it looks like it is a breather of some sort for the intake.

thats just a drain for the airbox incase you get water in there. That nipple is actualy split down the middle if memory serves me so you can pinch it and release any water that may have got in the airbox.

2) Are there anti-smog devices on this bike that you can take off for better performance? The second part of that question is what is the best thing you can do for the bike to improve power?

Nope there aint anything more than a crank case breather line on it. And that dont affect anything.

what you can do is.

1. remove the snorkle from the airbox and open up the snorkle opening. Maybe even cut another hole in the top of the box in the flat spot in front of the snorkle opening.

2. remove the fine wire mesh from the airfilter cage. Leave the big perforated metal core though.

3. Get a diff exhaust insert or entire new exhaust.

4. re-jet

www.powroll makes a nice insert for the stock exhaust that still looks stock

P_W_17102N.jpg

After that it gets a little more expensive

BBR120cc kit and ATC200x carb. That will really wake up the motor.

• Like 1

In California, noise is a big issue. Rangers will kick you out of the riding area or ticket you if the bike is too loud. Some tracks are clamping down too. If the exhaust makes the bike over 96db, expect to get hassled or possibly ticketed.

In California, pollution is a big issue. Don't remove the crankcase breather. Some rangers have been looking for bikes with polution control devices removed. Expect this to get worse.

You can improve the bikes performance by getting more air in (air filter / airbox), more fuel (re-jet), and more air out (exhaust mods).

People who put loud exhausts on their bikes and never bother to rejet are knuckle heads. :applause:

The bike runs leaner, not good for the engine.

The bike is louder, not good for our sport.

Don't buy into the more HP and the top end hype, unless you ride at full throttle a majority of the time. If that is how you ride, you should be on a 2-stroke.

rejet?? any recommendations on jetting settings. rejet to what? I have one that I ride pretty hard in my back yard pit bike track and it hiccups a lot as I pound over jumps and such. I am not necessarily looking to get more power out of the bike, this is what makes these pit bikes fun is their lack of power. But I do want to have clean power. I was going to change the needle height in the carb to see if that helped and I realized it only has one setting. It is a hard starter too, doesn’t like to idle until it gets warm. Seems unlike a Honda 4 stroke. I am sure all of this is related, just don’t know what to fix.. any ideas? It is a new bike and I am a full size adult and use it only as my backyard pit racer.. Any other mods you guys are doing to these.. Suspension?? It needs suspension but I cant find anyone who sells more than a heavier spring. I can get everything for a crf 50 or KLX 110 but not much available for the CRF100 or crf80

In California, noise is a big issue. Rangers will kick you out of the riding area or ticket you if the bike is too loud. Some tracks are clamping down too. If the exhaust makes the bike over 96db, expect to get hassled or possibly ticketed.

In California, pollution is a big issue. Don't remove the crankcase breather. Some rangers have been looking for bikes with polution control devices removed. Expect this to get worse.

You can improve the bikes performance by getting more air in (air filter / airbox), more fuel (re-jet), and more air out (exhaust mods).

People who put loud exhausts on their bikes and never bother to rejet are knuckle heads. :applause:

The bike runs leaner, not good for the engine.

The bike is louder, not good for our sport.

Don't buy into the more HP and the top end hype, unless you ride at full throttle a majority of the time. If that is how you ride, you should be on a 2-stroke.

I am on a 2-stroke. This is my WIFE's bike.

thats just a drain for the airbox incase you get water in there. That nipple is actualy split down the middle if memory serves me so you can pinch it and release any water that may have got in the airbox.

Nope there aint anything more than a crank case breather line on it. And that dont affect anything.

what you can do is.

1. remove the snorkle from the airbox and open up the snorkle opening. Maybe even cut another hole in the top of the box in the flat spot in front of the snorkle opening.

2. remove the fine wire mesh from the airfilter cage. Leave the big perforated metal core though.

3. Get a diff exhaust insert or entire new exhaust.

4. re-jet

www.powroll makes a nice insert for the stock exhaust that still looks stock

P_W_17102N.jpg

After that it gets a little more expensive

BBR120cc kit and ATC200x carb. That will really wake up the motor.

Thank You very much for your reply. This is all great knowledge for me.:applause: