Sign in to follow this  

Single track Sycamore Creek Monday

How bout some gnarly singletrack,followed by some faster track,and then some washes back to the trucks? This monday,say 9 AM, four peaks staging area,total loop less than 40 miles. Can follow up the ride with a burger and a beer too! Whos in? Ken? Harry?

wow....Was just getting ready to post up for a ride ....brain says it is time to ride.....is it a reverse loop.....

Reverse loop is what I was thinking.Down the hiking trail :applause: ,under the bridge and come out as we did last time....or maybe connect up a real neat short track near the end that Tom F and I found......

I'd rather go up that hiking trail than down....but you lead and I'll follow.

I'm in for Monday.

Neeto.....will do my best to be there...will confirm later.... I know lets go down it and then turn around and go back up it.....J/K

i should be in. going to the dunes tomorrow, will be back sunday though. Might have to do the goat trail on the pig again, depends on if the WR is trail ready sunday night after I get back.

ken

It's not too eraly for ya Harry?:applause: Bill,I don't know where we will go afterwards......Dustee took us to a place off the 60 that was good,what was the name of it?

It is a bit early, but what the hell! :applause: I've missed two great rides. Not going to miss this one.

It's not too eraly for ya Harry?:eek: Bill,I don't know where we will go afterwards......Dustee took us to a place off the 60 that was good,what was the name of it?

Uncle sumthin...:applause: .don't know but can find it...

It's not too eraly for ya Harry?:applause: Bill,I don't know where we will go afterwards......Dustee took us to a place off the 60 that was good,what was the name of it?

I'm waiting for a ride I can do w/o screwing it up for the rest of you..I'll be thinkin about ya's and waiting for the pictures.

Ya shoulda gone down to Baja with me over the weekend...I did 500 miles on my DR Friday and stayed a few days in Erendira,right on the Pacific to watch the 250.Had a ball.

Ya shoulda gone down to Baja with me over the weekend...I did 500 miles on my DR Friday and stayed a few days in Erendira,right on the Pacific to watch the 250.Had a ball.

You're probably right!!! Next time.

Tom......I'm gonna have to pull out of this one...I could sneek away but got two jobs "rapping up" this week .... but I need a ride soon....next weekend or monday? Have a fun and send a report.......

Looks like I"m fated NOT to ride at N. Sycamore with you guys.

Was out at P&D yesterday. Rode 5 east to 40, which is a little wash. I think I was going too slow, cause the front wheel got jammed up, the bike fell to the left, and the swingarm drove my heel up and over my toes, which were stuck on the footpeg, which was stuck in the sand. After getting up, I couldn't put any pressure on that foot, couldn't walk.

A couple of hours later, after riding out down 136th and back along Dynamite, waiting for my friend to load his bike and mine, getting back home where he unloaded my bike. and getting a ride to the hospital from my mother, x-rays showed I had dislocated my big toe. They numbed it up as best they could, and then someone grabbed it and wrestled it back into place.

All in all, it was about 4 hours of more pain than I ever remember going through. Like stubbing your toe, but much worse, and the pain didn't go away.

And now I can't walk, can't ride, and am really pissed. Riding is the only thing I really like to go, and that's out for who know how many weeks. Oh, and I'll probably miss being able to walk, too.

Sissy!:applause: Heal up,toes can be painful.Anyone else in?Ken?

I'll be up there Monday morning, but my wife is off work that day as well, so we're going together. She is coming along pretty well, but I'm afraid we would slow you down! I'll keep an eye out for you, maybe we can go do a shorter fast loop somewhere before the day is out?

Well the single track sections can be tough,especially on a new rider.She may not just slow us down,but want to kill you a few miles into the ride. If you are there in the morning we will see if a easier route is in order,I know several.....

Looks like I"m fated NOT to ride at N. Sycamore with you guys.

Was out at P&D yesterday. Rode 5 east to 40, which is a little wash. I think I was going too slow, cause the front wheel got jammed up, the bike fell to the left, and the swingarm drove my heel up and over my toes, which were stuck on the footpeg, which was stuck in the sand. After getting up, I couldn't put any pressure on that foot, couldn't walk.

A couple of hours later, after riding out down 136th and back along Dynamite, waiting for my friend to load his bike and mine, getting back home where he unloaded my bike. and getting a ride to the hospital from my mother, x-rays showed I had dislocated my big toe. They numbed it up as best they could, and then someone grabbed it and wrestled it back into place.

All in all, it was about 4 hours of more pain than I ever remember going through. Like stubbing your toe, but much worse, and the pain didn't go away.

And now I can't walk, can't ride, and am really pissed. Riding is the only thing I really like to go, and that's out for who know how many weeks. Oh, and I'll probably miss being able to walk, too.

Hope the foot heals up soon!! Man that sucks, it sounds like it was a wierd crash :applause: