Sign in to follow this  

bend radiator

I have a question about a 2007 yz250f. I was riding today and I crashed into my friends rear fender which unfortunately bent the raidiator and the plastic protective shrowd a bit. There are no leaks of coolant but i just want to know if its still safe to ride the bike or should i get that checked out? :applause:

I had a bent left radiator on my 04 for a full year and never had problems. Depending on how bent it is, watch and make sure you can still get airflow through the fins so it doesnt overheat.

I have a question about a 2007 yz250f. I was riding today and I crashed into my friends rear fender which unfortunately bent the raidiator and the plastic protective shrowd a bit. There are no leaks of coolant but i just want to know if its still safe to ride the bike or should i get that checked out? :applause:

If the 07 is anything like the 06, very susceptable to bending the radiators if the bike is laid over; invest in a good pair of radiator guards. We use the European Yamaha guards. they work very well.

I untwisted a rad by putting it in the oven for a bit to heat things up & cranked it the other way. It came out almost perfect. A bit at a time works. Don't get it too hot. Much less screaming with oven mitts or welding gloves on though.

As long as it is not leaking I wouldn't touch it.

I had a small crush on my old bike, where one row was crushed. It didn't leak for the entire 2 years after it happened. I had a temperature gauge and it didn't make a difference.

on my 06 both are bent and it runs fine.. as said above just be sure u can see the air flow thro and there are no leaks. if thats good i wouldnt worry about it

I untwisted a rad by putting it in the oven for a bit to heat things up & cranked it the other way. It came out almost perfect. A bit at a time works. Don't get it too hot. Much less screaming with oven mitts or welding gloves on though.

Or you could send it too www.motorcycleradiators.com.