Sign in to follow this  

mammoth bar

whats the condition right now any trails open im looking to get some riding in b4 phantom so i was thinking about heading over to mammoth bar any word on that place?

I was in and out of the park this past Sunday riding my mtn bike. Trails are in good shape as far as what we rode. All I can say is that by 11:30 it was time to get the heck out of that place. Tons and tons of all levels of riders going every which way on the trails not thinking about what's coming around the corner, and not to mention the HOARDS of QUADS?! Why would you bring a quad to Mammoth?? Oh yeah that's right....Foresthill is closed so they come back down the hill. Great....way more quads to tear up the once singletract trails and next year they'll close Mammoth becuase of too much erosion....grrrrr.

Anway, if you go, go early!

Personally would think Georgetown would be a better bet honestly. A little more acreage to roam around.

Anway, if you go, go early!

Personally would think Georgetown would be a better bet honestly. A little more acreage to roam around.

Georgetown is closed until june :applause:

We were there sunday....Crazy people!

Bailed at 1pm or so. Trails were fine dusty...

should it be ok tommorow evening around 2:30 till close, as in not too many people?

Should be good. Last couple of Friday's I was there nobody but me and maybe two or three others.

Getting a bit dusty though.

I'm thinking about going for a half day tomorrow (friday). I haven't been there for about 10 years.

I'm thinking about going for a half day tomorrow (friday). I haven't been there for about 10 years.

I just got back from Mammoth, and I just realized why I haven't gone there in 10 years. Maybe in another 10 years it will be better.