Sign in to follow this  

new head

were is the cheapest place to get a new oem complete bolt on head? i know that ron charges $640 can i get it cheaper somewere else?

were is the cheapest place to get a new oem complete bolt on head? i know that ron charges $640 can i get it cheaper somewere else?

640?? that hopefully includes all valves and springs..

I went the OEM route right now through Service Honda..

The 06 head with service honda was $210 .and complete valves, with springs and all the little valve parts was $236.to make a long story short, I got a new head, complete valves, all misc parts, piston rings, gaskits etc. for 584 shipped...

if u need the break down on part numbers, let me know... what all are u planning on ordering??

640?? that hopefully includes all valves and springs..

I went the OEM route right now through Service Honda..

The 06 head with service honda was $210 .and complete valves, with springs and all the little valve parts was $236.to make a long story short, I got a new head, complete valves, all misc parts, piston rings, gaskits etc. for 584 shipped...

if u need the break down on part numbers, let me know... what all are u planning on ordering??

584 is good but then you need someone to assmeble it. for 640 it comes assembles and i guess he has some real good valves

If you have a spring compressor it takes about 15 minutes to assemble the head. I was able to borrow one when I built my head.

If you have a spring compressor it takes about 15 minutes to assemble the head. I was able to borrow one when I built my head.

well how about this next question, i have all brand new internals in my head (under 3 hours) and the head gasket popped. i dont trust how true the head is so can i just take all the accessories out of the old head and just spend $220 on a fresh head and put the internals in that one?

It will probably work fine but there's no guarantee. I would just lap the old head and cylinder deck though.