Sign in to follow this  

Husqvarna out of Cagiva?

Saw this on an MV forum...in italian. google translation below. Don't quite understand either....but looks like Husky is going out on their own?

==================================

La Husqvarna è stata scorporata dal Gruppo MV Agusta e diverrà società a sé stante. Da tempo si parla di un interessamento della BMW alla storica azienda svedese trasferita a Varese (limitatamente al comparto motociclistico) nel 1987, nell’ottica di una strategia di espansione del marchio tedesco nel fuoristrada, e questa è la chiave di lettura che alcuni operatori hanno voluto dare all’operazione.

Per Claudio Castiglioni, presidente del Gruppo MV, da noi interpellato telefonicamente, lo scorporo è invece motivato da una ricerca di maggior efficienza gestionale. “Avere tre marchi, ciascuno dei quali opera su segmenti di mercato diversi e con una grande varietà di prodotti, comporta non pochi problemi amministrativi e di gestione. Il fornitore di pneumatici, ad esempio, ci manda le gomme per modelli di marchi diversi e fatturava solo al Gruppo MV Agusta. Ora ci saranno fatture con intestazioni differenti e non si creeranno inutili confusioni e sprechi di tempo”.

- Lei dunque afferma che il distacco del marchio Husqvarna dal Gruppo MV Agusta rientra in una normale operazione di razionalizzazione operativa. Esclude quindi che si tratti di una mossa preparatoria alla cessione della Husqvarna-Moto alla BMW?

“Le finalità dello scorporo sono quelle che ho già precisato. Con la BMW c’è stato dialogo e non posso escludere che domani si avviino anche trattative commerciali, ma al momento è prematura qualsiasi ipotesi di cessione di una delle nostre aziende”.

La faccenda curiosa è che nel comunicato che la MV ha inviato ai sindacati, si parla di cessione di un ramo d’azienda (la Husqvarna, appunto) ad una “Costituenda società” e che il passaggio dovrebbe compiersi entro il mese di luglio 2007. Molto rimane quindi da chiarire a proposito di questo scorporo, che segue di poco quello già effettuato con il ramo d’azienda che produceva telai e componenti, la Telca Spa.

A fine marzo ci sarà una riunione chiarificatrice fra la proprietà e le rappresentative sindacali, che in un loro comunicato, pubblicato su internet relativamente alla “MV Augusta” (possibile che anche chi le costruisce non sappia scrivere il nome corretto delle MV?) esprimono forti perplessità sulle vicende del Gruppo negli ultimi anni.

=====

Claudius Castiglioni, president of the Group MV Agusta The Husqvarna has been scorporata from the Group MV Agusta and will become society to being himself. For a long time it is spoken about a interest of BMW to the historical transferred Swedish company to Varese (limitedly to the comparto motorcycle) in 1987, in the optical of a strategy of expansion of the German brand in the cross-country vehicle, and this is the reading key that some operating ones have intentional to give to the operation. For Claudius Castiglioni, president of Group MV, from we interpellato by telephone, the scorporo instead is motivated from a search of greater managerial efficiency. “To have three he marks, everyone of which work on various segments of market and with a great variety of products, involves not little problems trained to you and of management. The supplier of pneumati to us, as an example, sends us rubbers for models of marks various and only invoiced to the Group MV Agusta. Hour there will be invoices with different headings and useless confusions will not be created and waste of time”. - It therefore asserts that the separation of the Husqvarna brand from the Group MV Agusta re-enters in one normal operation of operating rationalization. She excludes therefore that features of one moved preparatoria to the cession of Husqvarna-Motion to BMW? “The purposes of the scorporo are those that I have already specified. With BMW it has been dialogue and I cannot exclude that tomorrow negotiations set off also trade them, but at the moment whichever hypothesis of cession of one of our companies is premature”. The curious matter is that in the official notice that the MV have sended i to mayoralties, it is spoken about cession of a branch of company (the Husqvarna, exactly) to a “Costituenda society” and that the passage would have to be completed within the month of July 2007. A lot remains therefore to clear on purpose of this scorporo, that it little follows that one already carried out with the company branch that produced to chassis and members, the Telca Spa. To fine March there will be a reunion chiarificatrice between the representative property and the trade-union ones, than in they communicated, published on Internet relatively the “MV Augusta” (possible that also who constructs does not know to them to write the correct name of the MV) they during the last few years express strong perplexities on the vicissitudes of the Group.

I can't read Italian and the English version didn't help a whole lot. One of the magazines this month is speculating that BMW will aquire (buy) Husqvarna.

One of the BMW sites reported a few weeks ago that BMW is not buying Husky.

It probably would be good for Husky to go on their own as the MVs and Cagivas just bleed R&D money from the off-road division.

I bet that Husky is the only division of MV that is making any money as well.

BMW just race their prototype 450 enduro bike at a German National Enduro round, so they didn't need the Husky bumpstart that people thought it was about. Husky has always been the real cash maker and more so since they sold Ducati off. Cagiva 500 GP and Ducati Superbike road race programs sucked money like crazy. Then the whole re-birth of MV thing. I think they'll keep Husky.

Norman

I think it would be a blessing to have BMW involved. The prices might end up being bumped, but BMW doesn't f' around. You can bet any product released would be at least the same quality as current Husky. There would be no worries about cost cutting leading to quality cuting, as may be the case with the KTM\Polaris deal. Plus, the dealer network would be a huge gain; and to top it off, BMW has some of the nicest clothing and accesories on the market.

I think it would be a blessing to have BMW involved. The prices might end up being bumped, but BMW doesn't f' around. You can bet any product released would be at least the same quality as current Husky. There would be no worries about cost cutting leading to quality cuting, as may be the case with the KTM\Polaris deal. Plus, the dealer network would be a huge gain; and to top it off, BMW has some of the nicest clothing and accesories on the market.

Thing is though, as it is now Husky is a decent company to deal with. I'm not saying perfect, but decent. The small size allows a hands on approch that will go away if BMW gets involved. As a currently discruntled BMW GS1150 owner I can attest first hand that the attitude from BMWNA sucks donkeys. The days of getting a first hand reply from the man in charge (ie; Rob Kieth) will be gone forever. That will be replaced with arrogance and distaine (sic?) regarding basic issues and problems that is unmatched else-were in the motorcycle world (Honda comes in a close second).

Husky could use the money, sure. But its a big pill to swallow from the customer satisfaction standpoint alone.

Jm.02$

Husky USA still has several years left on it NA Distributorship and even if BMW bought it, they would have to honour the existing Dist agreements or pay a huge settlement to each one of them.

I hope that the necessary things happen to make the company remain alive...

whatever that may be.

I ride a BWM R1100S, more because it fits my too big body then anything else. I went to the Cycle World show in December, BMW had a hude display and I walkthru all this stuff, first they are dorky looking and I amoung the many that are tierd of their attempts to step on the brakes for me.

But when I look at their new 800ish verticle twin and their 600 whatever single I see two neat engines with too long of wheelbases and way too much fork rake. I have lost confidence they they even undertand what make a MC small nimble bike work. Beheomth road burners yes but nimble dirty bikes, they don't have a clue

Selfishly, I hope Husqvarna and Cagiva stay married and produce the Mito based on the SM510R engine....

That's a cool lookin bike.

As long as the name Husqvarna stays, they continue to produce good bikes, the parts supply stays good or even gets better and they support racing world wide, I don't care who runs Husky. Now that they are on a roll since 2004, I just want to see it continue for a couple decades or more. When customer satisfaction goes down hill, customers usually travel to other brands. GO HUSKY!:applause:

As long as the name Husqvarna stays, they continue to produce good bikes, the parts supply stays good or even gets better and they support racing world wide, I don't care who runs Husky. Now that they are on a roll since 2004, I just want to see it continue for a couple decades or more. When customer satisfaction goes down hill, customers usually travel to other brands. GO HUSKY!:applause:

Couldn't agree more. Husky has to be WAY better off than they were four years ago when they weren't even bringing bikes into the US. I have to think their street legal TE's put them five years ahead of where they would otherwise be today.

Greg

To me the important thing is that the brand is managed well.

Look at KTM's growth in the last 10 years. It was their management (and an american corporate president!).... Husky is now in year 2-3 or so of that path. With the right management it can keep going.

To me it is less important what the brand's owners name is, and more important that the owner is making the right decisions.

Sure seems like some great decisions have been made during the last 4 years!! (DOT legal, new color schemes, updated carb/suspension/valves/etc, motard race success, growing dealer support, low cost bikes, EFI in europe, new motor in '08, etc. etc.)

One thing i am certain of--the brand 'Husqvarna' is valuable and will continue.

I ride a BWM R1100S, more because it fits my too big body then anything else. I went to the Cycle World show in December, BMW had a hude display and I walkthru all this stuff, first they are dorky looking and I amoung the many that are tierd of their attempts to step on the brakes for me.

But when I look at their new 800ish verticle twin and their 600 whatever single I see two neat engines with too long of wheelbases and way too much fork rake. I have lost confidence they they even undertand what make a MC small nimble bike work. Beheomth road burners yes but nimble dirty bikes, they don't have a clue

so you think it might be bad if some of their design influences were to rub off on the husqvarna line of dirt bikes, should they purchase it?