Sign in to follow this  

trx250x jetting issue

I have a trx250x that I have a 12:1 piston and a web cam with .335 lift and 280 degree duration, a cobra exhaust and foam air filter. I am trying to use the stock carb and can not get the thing jetted right. from off idle to 1/4 throttle I have a bog. If I dont let off it will die. If I work it right I can get the rpms up and then It will run out great. I went up with the pilot and ended up going back to stock. I have a very large main in it and feel that the main may be overriding the pilot down low. I am thinking of dropping the pilot from stock 38 to 35 to see if I can lean the low end out and allow the main to flow off idle. Someone tell me if I am making a mistake or tell me what I need to do. Right now I have a 160 main and it runs out ok on top but feels like anything smaller will start getting lean and I definitely cant have that.

I would also like to know if I was to replace stock carb what should I look at getting. I have been told by some that I need an Fcr. What size, etc.?

I have read some of the post on this site that pertain to the same problem but I dont have the same type carb and was wondering if someone had some advice for my situation for this carb. Thanks

have you adjusted your idle mixture screw? i had a similar problem on my bike and thats all i needed to adjust. someone correct me if im wrong, but the idle mix is from idle to 1/8-1/4, then pilot it from there to almost half, then the needle takes over.

Yes I have adjusted the mixture but still have this issue. The adjustments change the bog slightly but still have the bog. It still floods from off idle to 1/4. Can I remedy this with a smaller slow jet or pilot jet?