Sign in to follow this  

Fz6

Im going to buy a street bike here in the next few months. Anybody think a yamaha FZ6 is good for my first bike? im 17. I can get a good deal on a 2004 from a guy i used to work with.

Hi,

The Fz-6 is my favorite after riding all Yami's big bikes a couple of months ago.

Super easy to ride, very nimble and light, zero vibration, cool looks, you sit very comfortably, deceptively good fairing. Very strong off the bottom, strong mid, and after the seamless transition to the upper revs, it starts to howl and pull like crazy.

This is an amazing bike! A no-frills cool-looking commuter when just putting around, and a pure-blooded racer for track days when you want to. Just because it's well behaved, doesn't mean it's a pansi-ass newbie bike.

I can't believe it's only 600cc's. I think it could easily run with a VFR800 or the older GPZ900 as an example.

Sure, a CBR1100XX super blackbird is faster, but it's just too much. Cruising at 150mph and not even break a sweat will just get you killed even easier.

Get it! you will love it immediately and won't outgrow it in a very long while.

Stay alive! :applause:

It's an excellent bike. Good to see someone not getting a crotch rocket for a first bike. You'll enjoy it. :applause:

It's an excellent bike. Good to see someone not getting a crotch rocket for a first bike. You'll enjoy it. :naughty:

Not counting the money he'll save from those high insurance premiums as compared to the R1.

My favorite 2 bikes to tide is the FZ6,and SV650.Reasonable cheap,and fun. :bonk:

Great bike, it shows you have some sense considering this instead of a gsxr 1000 or something. They're all fast and fun, the key is learning to ride well.

Great bike, it shows you have some sense considering this instead of a gsxr 1000 or something. They're all fast and fun, the key is learning to ride well.

Good point, even though I don't ride street, I feel that same way with dirt cycles.