Sign in to follow this  

What's the Difference Between XC, XCW, and XCG

What's the difference between XC, XC-W, and XC-G. I'm looking for a 2007 450 and don't know the difference. I am not interested in the EXC.

The xc has a semi-close ratio gear box and the xc-w has a semi-wide ratio gear box. I also believe the xc has stiffer springs than the xc-w. Is the xcg a european version of the usa exc??:applause: Help anyone.

XC-W is a small bore Long stroke engine (goal is traction in mud) and has a wide ratio trans. Has suspension tuned soft for woods riding and has the generic triple clamps that have a 20mm offset. This with minor evolutionary updates replaces the prior year EXC.

XC is a big bore short stroke engine (a bit racyer then the long stroke) and has 1st & 2nd gears for a wide ratio trans, then 3 thru 6 are close ratio. Also is has suspension tuned for fairly fast open country riding and has the billit triple clamps that you can change the offset, comes set at 20mm offset, 18 is a half hours work. This is better suited then the XC-W for the faster rider.

EXC is mechanically an XC-W with the street legal stuff added

G seams to be attached to everything latly, all it means is the took the too lean carb setting of last year & made them leaner. ALL these models need jetting help!